Online Date - won't see message.

Hi,

A few days ago I posted a thread regarding online dating in general. Afterwards I found a woman which presented a quality personality regarding love and relationships, so I wrote her a message. However, I then noticed she had been last online some months ago..

Luckily when it comes to chances, her profile name was her full name, so I searched Facebook. I then thought of a message to write to her on Facebook so I can get her attention while not seeming like a stalker to her. However... since messages to someone with no mutual friends go to the "Other" folder of messages, she probably didn't get any clear notification of the message.

Before I sent the message I had the option to send the message directly to the inbox for 1$. But now that option is lost, I think it's since the message line starts from her "Other" folder.

It's been half a week since I sent the message and she hasn't seen it.

I can't get myself busy with watching TV since she'll come up in my mind most of the time. I can't play anything on the computer.

In short, I can't do anything but browse funny photos and check my Facebook due to the attraction (I don't want to call it obsession).

I always have Facebook open to get a notification of a read message.

*(If there's a woman who's see this current situation as a compliment and not a stalking intention, she's probably the kind of woman I need)*

All this weekend seems a dying one because of all the waiting I can't get away from.

I can take side actions to try to get her to view the messages. For instance, spread the awareness of the "Others" folder, somehow send a friend request (maybe after some more waiting)... I can think of more things to do, but the more I think of, the more it seems too much..

She presented a quality personality for a relationship I am searching for, and she's also beautiful, so it's a very hard loss for me to just give up and move on.

Pretty much no girl on the dating sites has responded to my messages, even if they were a bit unusual or with humor or just a plain "Hi!". Few girls have looked at my profile after I had messaged them, which is the least they can do, but still.

I need some support, my emotions are whirled with sadness while deep down lies an emotion of love prevented from spreading up because of the situation..

Thanks for the help

Chances are good that if she hasn't been on the dating site in months, she's found someone or given up on dating.

You've done plenty as is by taking the Facebook route :eek:. She's nothing more than a profile on the screen and probably not what you've built her up to be. Let it go.

• Author
Chances are good that if she hasn't been on the dating site in months, she's found someone or given up on dating.

You've done plenty as is by taking the Facebook route :eek:. She's nothing more than a profile on the screen and probably not what you've built her up to be. Let it go.

She's single according to Facebook. If I had a relationship or seeing someone, I'd surely put a "Not sharing" status.

I understand you attitude when saying "nothing more than a profile on a screen", but I'm not the kind of guy who has a collection of options, since I really look into a woman's personality, and in OLD (OKCupid), most girls are just made of profile pics.

So it's a loss for me, especially if there are no answers.

If she clearly had a boyfriend, I'd let go and move on.

She's single according to Facebook. If I had a relationship or seeing someone, I'd surely put a "Not sharing" status.

I understand you attitude when saying "nothing more than a profile on a screen", but I'm not the kind of guy who has a collection of options, since I really look into a woman's personality, and in OLD (OKCupid), most girls are just made of profile pics.

So it's a loss for me, especially if there are no answers.

If she clearly had a boyfriend, I'd let go and move on.

If YOU had a relationship, you'd 'SURELY' advertise it. Not everyone does. I didn't change my status until I was engaged. Just because YOU would do something, don't assume she would.

That she hasn't been active on the dating site should be your biggest clue. Don't relay on Facebook as a true window into people's lives.

But hey, if you're that set on it, spring for the dollar to send her a message she'll see. What's the worst that can happen?

• Author

I know choosing the status is something subjective. However, there's no telling.

I'll probably soon stop using (or take a break from) the dating site because it seems hopeless (One of the main factors for this is there aren't many options since probably few people from my country use it).

Thanks for the help, I'd like to hear from some more people

Maybe someone will chime in.

I will tell you, I spent eight frustrating years doing OLD, and finally had just had enough. Not long after that, I met a man via mutual friends (actually thru Facebook, LOL!). We started dating, and were married in less than a year.

So, good things happen sometimes. Best of luck to you!