Listen to what this 'player' says

Listen and learn. This is Gerard Butler talking about his (then) new girlfriend last year. Especially listen to how he acted when they met and what he thinks of one night stands, when Howard asks him about his easy access to women.

That was in June and they had broken up by Christmas when she started dating another actor who was younger. He hasn't been seen with anyone else since.

Decent actor, but other than that...eh. The video was tame. Am I missing something? It didn't really seem he was boasting about it. It was more like Howard pushing the issue and he simply confirming.

• Like 2
  • Author

When a guy really likes a woman, he doesn't push for sex. He is respectful. Butler and the Italian model spent nearly twelve hours together when they first met, talking and laughing and having fun. Nothing physical, not even kissing which surprised me. She left town the next day and three days later he surprised her in Italy. She didn't make it easy for him. He made the effort and demonstrated his feelings by flying to her. Actions speak louder than words. Too many women on LS whine, "but he said blah blah."

Butler is used to women throwing themselves at him and getting easy sex. Howard Stern was teasing him about being a lucky guy, but Butler said that sort of thing gets old and he wanted something more (don't remember his exact words). Someone on another thread compared easy sex vs a committed relationship to tapas vs a gourmet meal. That is what Butler is essentially saying. I was pleasantly surprised by this dialogue. Mr B isn't quite the scumbag I thought he was!

So a player will stop playing when he finds a woman he really likes as a person, not an easy lay. Unfortunately, in Butler's case he has also said elsewhere that his career comes first before any woman. That's why you should never date actors!

• Like 2
thefooloftheyear

Just goes to show how shallow women are....If he was working at Home Depot and wearing an orange apron, he'd be lucky to be banging fat diner waitresses....

TFY

• Like 1
Just goes to show how shallow women are....If he was working at Home Depot and wearing an orange apron, he'd be lucky to be banging fat diner waitresses....

TFY

Word up.

___

When a guy really likes a woman, he doesn't push for sex. He is respectful. Butler and the Italian model spent nearly twelve hours together when they first met, talking and laughing and having fun. Nothing physical, not even kissing which surprised me. She left town the next day and three days later he surprised her in Italy. She didn't make it easy for him. He made the effort and demonstrated his feelings by flying to her. Actions speak louder than words. Too many women on LS whine, "but he said blah blah."

Butler is used to women throwing themselves at him and getting easy sex. Howard Stern was teasing him about being a lucky guy, but Butler said that sort of thing gets old and he wanted something more (don't remember his exact words). Someone on another thread compared easy sex vs a committed relationship to tapas vs a gourmet meal. That is what Butler is essentially saying. I was pleasantly surprised by this dialogue. Mr B isn't quite the scumbag I thought he was!

So a player will stop playing when he finds a woman he really likes as a person, not an easy lay. Unfortunately, in Butler's case he has also said elsewhere that his career comes first before any woman. That's why you should never date actors!

A better reason to never date actors is most of them are dirt poor.

• Like 1

TFY

Nah, he's a decent enough looking guy and tall, I believe. He'd do just fine, especially if he lived in New York.

• Author

My neighbor dated a tall, attractive wannabe actor who worked at Home Depot. He was constantly cheating on her.

I checked out his bio on Imdb... He fits the profile of the typical, emotionally unavailable player guy...

Abandoned by his father at a young age.

He's going down the pathetic George Clooney path...

• Author
I checked out his bio on Imdb... He fits the profile of the typical, emotionally unavailable player guy...

Abandoned by his father at a young age.

He's going down the pathetic George Clooney path...

Except George Clooney's parents are still married. That blows that theory! Maybe I imagined it but I don't think Gerard was flattered at the Clooney comparison if you watch his face. He is an intelligent, educated man and I think he knows he has a problem. How he addresses that problem is up to him and no one else.

Except George Clooney's parents are still married. That blows that theory! Maybe I imagined it but I don't think Gerard was flattered at the Clooney comparison if you watch his face. He is an intelligent, educated man and I think he knows he has a problem. How he addresses that problem is up to him and no one else.

George Clooney path being the aging player who has to have a woman young enough to be his daughter at every major event. It is just sad.

You are right about the look on his face. The comparison with Steve Martin creeped him out even more. I think it does dawn on him that he is becoming a parody... His mistake to go on the Howard stern show. No class.

What's wrong with Clooney?

He's going it right, imo. He's upfront and honest. Women who date him know exactly what they're getting. A fun time, a moment in the spotlight, and not much more.

Remember...he's been married before.

• Like 4
What's wrong with Clooney?

He's going it right, imo. He's upfront and honest. Women who date him know exactly what they're getting. A fun time, a moment in the spotlight, and not much more.

Remember...he's been married before.

Haha. Yes, until they realize that no one knows their name, still, and how retarded they look standing next to him at the photo ops.

You wonder how many of them do the face palm later on.... I slept with THAT... And for what??? Lol

• Like 1
Haha. Yes, until they realize that no one knows their name, still, and how retarded they look standing next to him at the photo ops.

You wonder how many of them do the face palm later on.... I slept with THAT... And for what??? Lol

Enjoyment of life? Fun?

And they don't look retarded.

• Like 1
  • Author

Clooney's women sign a confidentiality agreement and get a nice cash pay out. I recall that French waitress he dated years ago got something like $4 million. The National Enquirer can't meet that price!

• Like 1
Clooney's women sign a confidentiality agreement and get a nice cash pay out. I recall that French waitress he dated years ago got something like $4 million. The National Enquirer can't meet that price!

haha. Hilarious. So he's got a micropenis or something? lol. (not that men with micropenis don't deserve love... they do... George is gross though)

Wow! That explains A LOT!

His mistake to go on the Howard stern show. No class.

Howard Stern does some amazing interviews. :p Even Megyn Kelly went on and she's about as conservative as they come.

I was wondering earlier if Fit clicked on the link because it was Gerard Butler or Howard Stern. But she usually doesn't reply if you ask her a question.

• Like 3
Howard Stern does some amazing interviews. :p Even Megyn Kelly went on and she's about as conservative as they come.

I was wondering earlier if Fit clicked on the link because it was Gerard Butler or Howard Stern. But she usually doesn't reply if you ask her a question.

You will never see Bill Gates on there, or Meryl Streep, or....

One wonders what their agents are telling these other folks. I MIGHT see someone conservative going on there to sex up their image a little... much like appearing on the cover of Maxim or something. Still seems like scraping the bottom of the barrel a little to me.

You have to hand it to Howard. He is good at bringing out their inner narcissist or making them squirm. I hope Gerard took a look at that interview and did some reflection on his life and the direction he's headed.

TFY

I'd bang him even if he was homeless lol

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear
I'd bang him even if he was homeless lol

Gimme a cheeseburger.....Med/well....baked potato- no french fries...:p:laugh:

(kidding, of course_)

TFY