Is this logic really that crazy?

Guys are only exceptionally nice because they want to have sex with you.

If they are taken, but really nice, they may not ever do it, but they are really nice because they see 'sexual' potential in you.

Guys you work with, really nice because they see you the same way.

Guys at shops etc.

I am not so much referring to general politeness, more so overly nice.

Anyone think there is any truth to it? I personally find it hard to believe, but it has been said to me several times by males- like if I mention that a guy is really cool, someone will point out the above, and then back it up with 'do you think they treat everyone that way?'

Grumpybutfun

This only applies if you think that women are only exceptionally nice because they want to marry every man they are nice to. Uh, no. I had lots of friends/acquaintances/classmates who were girls whom I did not want to screw and I was very nice to them because they were cool. Maybe this is what guys are like who never get laid or never had a gf. They focus on everyone to have sex with because they can get no one.

My wife told me once that guys used to say that crap to her if they wanted her to stop talking to a really cute guy. They thought it would get rid of competition.

Oh, the drama,

Grumps

Every guy is different. That simple. Some dudes are nice just because they want sex. Other dudes are just polite. A lot of guys are just nicer to girls because we see them as sweethearts. I wouldn't want to hurt one of my female friends feelings by being abrupt because girls take that kind of stuff to heart. Just the way most guys are raised to treat woman nicely.

And the dudes who are saying that are probably jealous that you're talking to other guys. Dudes do that a lot. Assume that if a guy is even talking to a girl he must automatically be trying to get in her pants.

Guys are only exceptionally nice because they want to have sex with you.

If they are taken, but really nice, they may not ever do it, but they are really nice because they see 'sexual' potential in you.

Guys you work with, really nice because they see you the same way.

Guys at shops etc.

I am not so much referring to general politeness, more so overly nice.

Anyone think there is any truth to it? I personally find it hard to believe, but it has been said to me several times by males- like if I mention that a guy is really cool, someone will point out the above, and then back it up with 'do you think they treat everyone that way?'

Because you said "only" then no. Still 9 out of 10 times if a guy is exceptionally nice to you its pretty safe to assume he wouldn't turn down the opportunity to have sex with you. I know a lot of women look at that as if it is some sinister motive though so better to think of it as it means he is interested and attracted to you. Meaning even if he knew with 100% certainty he would never ever have sex with you he might still be nice because of being attracted.

• Like 1

If we're talking nice, then no. If we're only talking exceptionally or overly nice, more often than not it's a yes.

Just ask yourself if you think it's likely they'd do the same thing for a male friend. If not you've got your answer

• Like 1

Is this logic really that crazy?

No, not THAT crazy, but not all guys. I would be REALLY nice to you and seemingly flirtatious, but not seeking to have sex with you. Just my personality.

it depends and the best way to check it fast is:

if he's nice ONLY to you and not others then ...

or if he's waaaaay more nice to you more then he is to others then...

IN SHORT IF HE'S NOT WHO HE HIS SO THAT'S A GOOD INDICATION THAT HE HAS A HIDDEN AGENDA

Sweetnothing

To a certain degree men are hard wired to prioritize sex over platonic relationships so this one's tough. I've had way too many experiences with male friends admitting that they want to be more than friends and it bums me out cos friendships are never the same after that. I've had guys say stuff like "if it doesn't work out with your boyfriend, I'll take you on a date" and I'm like really? So you're not my friend you're just waiting on the sidelines until I'm single?

I have few male friends because of this and I keep my distance from them. I hate to say it, but I have yet to meet a heterosexual male who can value a friendship for what it is. I'm not slutty or easy yet I feel like guys have me labeled in their mind as a potential f*ck.

HOWEVER when it comes to strangers, I've met men who have been extremely nice and then just went on their way without chatting me up or trying to get my number. I had a flat tire once and a guy my age pulled over, changed my tire, refused to accept any money I tried to give him and just smiled and drove off! Would he have done it for another guy? I don't know, but he seemed genuine in that he just wanted to help.

Would he have done it for another guy?

Probably not. B/c the guy would think that the guy could take care of it. If a much older man, then perhaps the guy would have helped.

I don't know, but he seemed genuine in that he just wanted to help.

He was genuine in that he wanted to help, but he also could have been happily taken, so he felt no need or desire to hit on you or flirt.

To a certain degree men are hard wired to prioritize sex over platonic relationships so this one's tough. I've had way too many experiences with male friends admitting that they want to be more than friends and it bums me out cos friendships are never the same after that. I've had guys say stuff like "if it doesn't work out with your boyfriend, I'll take you on a date" and I'm like really? So you're not my friend you're just waiting on the sidelines until I'm single?

Yeah yeah... Women dont know that many of their male friends want to some point be in a sexual relatioship with them. Women see these relationships only as platonic. They dont keep these men on the sidelines. They are superior species. Weird that many women after a break up usually date with one of their male friends :S The fact is that men and women create relationships with people of the other gender because of the possibility of sex. Women just afraid to express this because of the monogamous role which is imposed to them.

I suppose it depends on what you mean by 'overly' nice. If you mean 'fake nice', as in putting on a show obviously - then yes, he definitely has an ulterior motive. If they are very nice in general to everyone, then it could be a personality trait.