Asking girl out, but not sure if she's single?

Obviously if she is wearing a wedding ring, don't ask.

Before you ask you can make some sort of a statement that will get you the info you want. That's a nice ______ {top, bracelet, cell phone}. Did your BF get it for you?

She will either say yes in which case you don't ask or she'll say something else to let you know that she is or isn't interested in having you ask her out.

Otherwise you can just ask cold but be very gracious if she says that she has a BF. Ooops. I didn't know. Sorry. He's a lucky man.

Obviously if she is wearing a wedding ring, don't ask.

Before you ask you can make some sort of a statement that will get you the info you want. That's a nice ______ {top, bracelet, cell phone}. Did your BF get it for you?

She will either say yes in which case you don't ask or she'll say something else to let you know that she is or isn't interested in having you ask her out.

Otherwise you can just ask cold but be very gracious if she says that she has a BF. Ooops. I didn't know. Sorry. He's a lucky man.

LOL I hate those "did your boyfriend...is your boyfriend xyz" questions...hate em! :laugh:

• Like 1
LOL I hate those "did your boyfriend...is your boyfriend xyz" questions...hate em! :laugh:

I always get the husband questions lol.

Out buying a car part or something like that "oh, gift for your husband?"

"Nope, I'm not married, I'm single. :)"

"Oh! Sorry!"

:confused:

dafuq?? haha

hahah really buddy?? I think that's so awkward!!

I get it sometimes "does your girlfriend xyz" Makes me cringe a little! The worst one being a girl coming saying to me once when I was working saying"hiya" "hey" "So what's your girlfriend do for a living" ...ahh I find that so much more awkward than if she'd just said "are you single?" We both knew she clearly didn't care less what my gf does for a living!

I just ask her out anyway, its up to her to tell you shes got a boyfriend

How do you handle this?

Just ask her out regardless?

Rule of thumb is "it doesn't matter. " she will say she has a boyfriend if at some point in time she decides she doesn't like you. The "I have a bf" phrase is a catch all phrase that means the same thing whether true or not. Therefore if she doesn't say it after asking her out then it really doesn't matter.

How do you handle this?

Just ask her out regardless?

Dealt with this a lot and got burnt a few times.

The trick I learned was to invest less in the process of asking women out on dates and to not be surprised if/when boyfriends or husbands appeared out of thin air, and simply make like a hole in the water in response. Caring less and investing less defeated much of the downside risks of this issue.

So, yes, ask her out and, if the answer is yes, enjoy the interactions for the moment without investing any emotions in the outcome. The future is always an unknown. Live in the now. Good luck.