Ladies..Romantic or Creepy?

Hey everyone,

I am planning on taking a trip across Europe for the next 6 months. But I am leaving a dear someone back home that I wish was able to come with me. This special lady means so much to me and it was originally planned that she would be the person traveling around with me. That didn't work out, but I still want to have a part of her come with me so I thought about doing something romantic for her that would show her that even though she didn't come, she still was really there with me.

I plan on writing over 100 handwritten letters saying how great she is and leaving them across Europe at as many places as I visit. With people, at historical sites so that other people can pick them up and read about how great of a girl she is.

A part of me thinks its a great idea but I can't help but think she may think this is creepy. What do you think ladies or even gents? Is this a creepy gesture? Or is this something that would be nice for her to look back on when I get back home and show her all the pictures I took of all the letters I left around Europe?

It's a good idea though I am not sure what I would take from it if I were her. Why not handwrite her a letter every day and mail it to her? She will receive one constantly while you are gone, postmarked all around Europe and something for her to treasure through the years.

It's a good idea though I am not sure what I would take from it if I were her. Why not handwrite her a letter every day and mail it to her? She will receive one constantly while you are gone, postmarked all around Europe and something for her to treasure through the years.

I'd agree with this - I'd much rather get letters myself about the trip and feel like I'm part of the adventure that way, personally.

I second that! (or third it cause I think serial muse already took seconding).

Shes not going to see the letters the original way, just a picture of a lot of pieces of paper when you get back.

If you want her to know your thinking about her then id keep reminding her during your trip not after.

Everyone loves getting mail, I deny that anyone doesn't! send her stuff, letters, postcards, photos, maybe little touristy presents you pick up.

Im a dude but man I would love to get interesting mail every day instead of boring bank statements and pizza flyers.

I fourth the idea of sending her daily (or frequent) letters/postcards/trinkets. Just imagine her happiness when she got to the mailbox and found another sweet letter from you. D'aww, I'm getting all mushy just thinking about it. :o

Why not send HER a postcard from each place you visit. Leaving a letter about her in a random place wouldn't really strike me as romantic. Id think it was a little weird.....

• Like 3

I would find it creepy.

I would say a postcard with a short intimate message sent from all the wonderful places you see and experience. So that no matter how mindblowing the sights are, she's always with you :)

Why not send HER a postcard from each place you visit. Leaving a letter about her in a random place wouldn't really strike me as romantic. Id think it was a little weird.....

I agree.

Most of those romantic letters you spread out will probably be cleaned up pretty quickly anyway. Total waste of effort.

Send the letters to her.

The original idea sounds like a good plot for a romantic movie though. :love:

Send the letters to her.

The original idea sounds like a good plot for a romantic movie though. :love:

For a movie, sure. IRL, notsomuch. I'd be a bit creeped out thinking of all those random people reading about me - especially if my name or some other identifying info could lead to them wanting to find out who I was. There are way too many psychos on the planet, I would not want one more on my case. :(

• Like 1

So you're just gonna litter all over Europe?

No tourist or anything wants to pick up and read those letters, sorry to say.

I don't think it's creepy...or romantic. It's just...weird. Sorry.

Not sure I'd go as far as saying creepy, but it doesn't really work; I wouldn't fancy it.

Why involve random strangers, it just seems a waste of time/energy, and a bit weird. I wouldn't want perfect strangers reading about me and my love life. Far better to just write her privately/intimately from each place you visit.

Still, she's a lucky girl to have someone thinking up such ideas.

Edited by bumpyroad