Sleep texted this guy...do I take it back?

confused_woman1

I've heard of sleepwalking and sleep talking, but sleep texting? I had no idea it could happen, but apparently I've been busy at it. Recently I've been waking up in the morning to discover that I've been texting people in my sleep and I have absolutely no recollection of doing it.

Lately, a guy friend and I have been flirting back and forth in our texts, but never really addressing anything straight up. Apparently I texted him in my sleep last night, saying that I can't live without him because I'm madly in love with him. Oh boy! I can't believe I texted this to him since it isn't true! He replied back to me saying that he feels very strongly for me too. When I saw these texts this morning I flipped out. How do I tell this guy that I had no idea what I was doing when I sent that text without hurting him? Or is this my subconscious telling me that I actually do like this guy more than I think I do?

Help!

Forever Silent
I've heard of sleepwalking and sleep talking, but sleep texting? I had no idea it could happen, but apparently I've been busy at it. Recently I've been waking up in the morning to discover that I've been texting people in my sleep and I have absolutely no recollection of doing it.

Lately, a guy friend and I have been flirting back and forth in our texts, but never really addressing anything straight up. Apparently I texted him in my sleep last night, saying that I can't live without him because I'm madly in love with him. Oh boy! I can't believe I texted this to him since it isn't true! He replied back to me saying that he feels very strongly for me too. When I saw these texts this morning I flipped out. How do I tell this guy that I had no idea what I was doing when I sent that text without hurting him? Or is this my subconscious telling me that I actually do like this guy more than I think I do?

Help!

:confused: Speechless!

SouthernDamsel

First, I have no idea how this can occur, but apparently it is possible.

Second, I guess that it depends on how you do feel about him. If you like him, give it a chance. I am sure that he is flattered that you flirted with him. At least you didn't scare him away.

I am guessing that many of guys on this site would love for a girl to sleep-text flirt with them!

florence of suburbia

How do you know it wasn't your cat?

Oh, right. They don't have opposable thumbs.

Forever Silent

I can only imagine how many times you text a day to be able to pull this off lol.

Are you sure you don't have DID? Sleep texting seems extreme.

And you're implying that a multiple personality diagnosis is a less extreme explanation?

I've lived with someone who would get up from bed, walk out at 1 am and have a lucid conversation with me - eyes open - get a drink of water, take a leak, and go back to bed, and have ZERO recollection of it in the morning. I don't have any problem believing someone could sleep-text.

And you're implying that a multiple personality diagnosis is a less extreme explanation?

I've lived with someone who would get up from bed, walk out at 1 am and have a lucid conversation with me - eyes open - get a drink of water, take a leak, and go back to bed, and have ZERO recollection of it in the morning. I don't have any problem believing someone could sleep-text.

No, I was just being cheeky. However the idea of having no recollection of the event. There is no scientific evidence but I think it can be related. Anyway I was only kidding in this post. I don't think she was sleep texting but just doesn't remember texting him.

• Author
confused_woman1
I can only imagine how many times you text a day to be able to pull this off lol.

On the average day, I send 0-5 texts. I don't think I've ever sent more than 30 in a single day. I'm not really much of a texter, hence why this is so strange for me.

No, I was just being cheeky. However the idea of having no recollection of the event. There is no scientific evidence but I think it can be related. Anyway I was only kidding in this post. I don't think she was sleep texting but just doesn't remember texting him.

Heh, now I get that you were being silly. A momentary lack of humor on my part...

Out of curiosity, what are you saying there's no scientific evidence of? People doing things in their sleep? I guarantee you, I see it a couple times a week.

This may just be terminology, but I don't think I get the difference between "sleep texting" and "just not remembering." (Especially if she said something like "she loves him", which she knows she'd never do consciously...)

Forever Silent

Well the only thing I can suggest is go with the flow. It is obvious your subconcious was manifesting itself via sleep text. I only wish my subconcious would manifest itself like that so I could find my long lost lucky toothbrush. Oh how I loved my toothbrush.

Heh, now I get that you were being silly. A momentary lack of humor on my part...

Out of curiosity, what are you saying there's no scientific evidence of? People doing things in their sleep? I guarantee you, I see it a couple times a week.

This may just be terminology, but I don't think I get the difference between "sleep texting" and "just not remembering." (Especially if she said something like "she loves him", which she knows she'd never do consciously...)

No The correlation between did and sleep texting/talking. Then again most likely.