newly divorced

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site. This is my problem. I rekindled a high school love. we met again a year ago and sparks flew!. I knew he was married with kids. We talked on the phone and texted daily, several times a day. of course he tells me he and his wife don't have a sexual relationship anymore, he loves me, he wants to be with me etc. Within a year reality set in as the other woman (always waiting for him, cancelling on me at the last minute,can only call when he says so, only together for hook ups). he's extremely busy and has to "squeeze" me in his schedule. I also noted that even though he has a lot of money, he's cheap! He uses his humor for everything espcecially when texting me and sometimes what he says hurts. Even through all this I continue to stay with him. One day his joking around finally got to me and I demanded an apology. Well, he turned it around and said I didn't know how to take a joke. When he wouldn't apologize, he asked that I don't call or text him for a while. I am hurting now bcuz I feel so stupid for falling in love with such a jerk. He will never leave his family. Should I just not even contact him anymore, even if he initiates contact? I feel so stupid. I am an smart, nice looking woman, but I'm so unlucky in love. Any suggestions would help. :(

One married jerk doesn't make you unlucky in love. You made him your number 1. Please stop. You said it yourself, he would never leave his family. Do you want to feel the way you feel in 10 or 20 years? If the answer is Yes, continue what you are doing.