Why am I always exhausted from socializing?

Today, I have met a really great person that I never had the chance to experience in my life. She is the friend I really

wanted to find and we do click with each other and this is a near one in a lifetime chance. Everything was great I really had

the best fun with this person than anyone had to offer me, and just to clear any misunderstandings :p, I just want to stay

friends and not have any romantic relationship of any sort because I am the happiest man on earth to have a great friend

like her. But even when I was not nervous, because I felt really comfortable with her, I had symptoms of a mild anxiety; my

hands were numb and I suddenly got pretty thirsty I could not talk as much, put energy in what I was saying and I began

to look a bit tired. This also happened during graduation day when I was not nervous. Even when I breath deep breaths, try

to clear my mind and stretch my hands I still feel anxiety. I slept earlier than usual for the activities that day, but no matter

what I do, I get really tired out so fast.

Also to note, I have a mild fear of barfing and I often cannot eat much when I am on social places and I know this could be

also related to me probably having a mild social anxiety disorder. Although at times I can be a really great person to be

with, sometimes I get nervous and get kind of insecure. I am sure that a person would not like to be your friend if you are

so inconsistent as a person and I really want things to work out for the first time in my life. I have almost given up on

people, because until today, I never had so much fun like this before.

All of this is my opinion of how I see things and I really do need your help on this one :). THANKS A LOT!!

Sounds like it is inexperience that makes you tense. Doing these things more often then and discovering that people are interested in what you have to say should take care of that.

If the problem persists you could see a psychologist - it should not take many sessions to deal with what you describe as a potential mild anxiety disorder.

• Author
Sounds like it is inexperience that makes you tense. Doing these things more often then and discovering that people are interested in what you have to say should take care of that.

If the problem persists you could see a psychologist - it should not take many sessions to deal with what you describe as a potential mild anxiety disorder.

It is true that I am very inexperienced. I would really like to go to a psychologist, but then my parents are quite against it for some reason. Is there any alternatives online whatsoever?

There is no real online alternative, since you have to "bite the bullet" one way or the other.

Just keep socializing then. It is really the inexperience that is hurting you. Just go out and keep on interacting with people you find interesting (nothing worse than being stuck in boring conversation though!), and this anxiety will soon disappear.

• Author
There is no real online alternative, since you have to "bite the bullet" one way or the other.

Just keep socializing then. It is really the inexperience that is hurting you. Just go out and keep on interacting with people you find interesting (nothing worse than being stuck in boring conversation though!), and this anxiety will soon disappear.

Thank you!