relationship problems

jessicarabbitrocks

hi,im looking for some advice please,been with my partner for 11years now,i have 2 great girls from a previous marriage,i didnt want to get married again,once was enough and jake was fine with this,we decided to have a little baby, shes nearly 3 now,always got on with hes family before this,well you know meeting a few times a year ie easter,xmas,maybe a few more times,because hes had an arguement with hes mother when he was younger and moved out,but relations were getting better between them.but they dont argue (i come from a family of venters,if something was wrong ,you said it)nothing is said,anyway the week before the baby was due hes mother asked him to go up the country for her(i wont elaberate why ,but it wasnt important ,after the baby ,would have been fine to do it)i had been to the hosp the day before and the babys head was well engaged,so when jake said it ,iasked him to wait till after the baby was born because it would take all day to get there and 6 hours to come home,all hell broke loose ,when he told her ,he wasnt ALLOWED to go ,and that was the start of it ,he asked me again ,would he go and we had an arguement ,the following day ,i went in to labour but because i had to have a section,i needed jake to help me with the baby when i came out of the hospital,5 days later,he told her he couldnt go again ,

at this stage i dug in my heels and said enough,tell you'll go when you can.

who he picked for godfather wasnt right for her

the amount of trouble she caused between us was terrible ,and between jake and hes brothers and sisters,

he asked me not to say anything to her so i didnt,but the fact he wouldnt stand up for me and our baby hurt.

since then there have been several times she caused trouble between us but after one such fight ,irang her and told her that from now on jake would bring the baby out to see them(she used to call in once a week to see the baby,barely acknoleging my 2 other girls)as the evenings i would be very busy with work,i was very calm about it.needless to say she told hes brothers and sisters i wasnt going to let her see the baby ,and when ask ed (even though he told me he understands why)he told her he has nothing at all to do with it ,and its between me and her.i cant look at him,its really great i dont have to see her though,but hes brothers and sisters all hate me,which might not have happend if he had said something,out of all the ups and downs,i think ive lost my respect for him,help