Am I just looking for a friend?

Are 40 something men typically friends w/ 20 something women? 'Cause, it just so happens that the 40 something is a crush, but was once a very good friend (I considered them a friend) he did say he'd do anything for me if I needed him.

Ironically, when I'm around him or speaking to him, I don't think of him as a crush. Am I just desperate to have him back as a friend?

Edited by KR10N
  • Author
No, it isn't typical.

Most would see it for what it is, the possible beginnings of a romantic relationship or affair.

I don't even give the guy a friendly hug... I haven't even seen him in 3 years!

:confused:

collegeguy_24

No 40 year old man would be interested in a friendship with a 20 something woman unless he thought he could get sex out of it. Thats the reality.

If he is being your friend, he just wants to sleep with you and as soon as he gets the sex, he'll drop you.

• Author
No 40 year old man would be interested in a friendship with a 20 something woman unless he thought he could get sex out of it. Thats the reality.

If he is being your friend, he just wants to sleep with you and as soon as he gets the sex, he'll drop you.

I really don't think that's the situation at all. At least, I certainly hope not.

collegeguy_24
I really don't think that's the situation at all. At least, I certainly hope not.

Look, I ca understand your being optimistic, no one wants to assume the worst.

But I am a man, I also know several men, some in their 40s.

Not to mention my own experience with my last ex and her past, as this is something similar to that.

Trust me, he wants sex. He will act friendly, pretend he actually cares, and the first chance he has he going to nail you.

Look, I know its hard to hear. Frankly its hard for me to write it. Its best if you stick with your own age group.

I'm not trying to be mean, just blunt. So please do not mistake me for being mean.

• Author
I'm not trying to be mean, just blunt. So please do not mistake me for being mean.

Oh, not at all. It's just that I've known him for years & he really doesn't seem like the type to go out of his way for a younger woman (although it happens often). I'm not that type of girl to go out of my way & sleep w/ him either. I'm a virgin & a stubborn one, so it wouldn't matter if it came to that or not. He's not getting any.

collegeguy_24
Oh, not at all. It's just that I've known him for years & he really doesn't seem like the type to go out of his way for a younger woman (although it happens often). I'm not that type of girl to go out of my way & sleep w/ him either. I'm a virgin & a stubborn one, so it wouldn't matter if it came to that or not. He's not getting any.

Let me try this from another angle.

Theres is a person I know, I won't mention who she is. Well, she knew this guy for several years, he was her high school teacher. Well she and him became really friendly to each other, hung out together and stuff, and as soon as she turned 18, he had sex with her, multiple times. She was so into him that she believed he was genuine.

They haven't been in contact with each other for 3 years. And ever since she has compared everyman she has ever been with to him.

What became of this guy? Well he is now engaged to another woman. After he nailed her all contact seized.

Its sad because she still loves him even though she knows its not going to happen. She refuses to see the fact that she was used because he was a 36 year old man who saw 18 virgin that he could nail.

I feel sorry for her, I really do cause coupled with family issues she is one messed up person.

This guy sounds like he could do the same to you. Please learn from the example I put above, it does happen.

• Author

That's aweful. But, like I said, I'm stubborn & I haven't seen him in nearly 3 years. Besides, I look for mental stimulation. Someone that can poke my brain, I like the intellectuals. This guy I'm talking about... he's smart but his imagination is limited & sometimes boring.

Thank you very much for you input.

collegeguy_24

Your welcome. If you have any questions or concerns you can ask me, I'm always around this site to help.

collegeguy_24
You sure have a phobia about guys over 30 stealing your chicks. That's all it is. In b4 outrageous claims about my age are made

I don't have a phobia, I just know how men think, seeing as how I am one. The older a man gets, the more he wants a younger woman.

For men 18 is a good age cause it makes them feel a little naughty about doing a teen.

Personally thats not for me, but for a lot of men it is.

Frankly, its not a phobia, its reality.

I don't think it's right to generalise someone just down to their age. It's only a number, an indication of how many days they've been on the planet. Why should he be labelled as someone who only wants to sleep with a girl half his age.

I'm in my thirties, yet have friends of different ages ranging from fifties all the way down to late teens. Two of my closest friends that I trust totally are 19 and 22, both female, both very beaufiful, both single, but neither do I consider in a sexual way. We do flirt, but it's all light hearted.

Don't believe everything TV and films show you - when a man and woman get together, it's not always about sex!

• Author
He will treat her the same way he would have when he was younger.
This is exactly why I believe he'd never do anything.

I've seen women flirt w/ him & he'll just have this awkward look. I know that doesn't mean there's nothing going on, but he does embarrass easily. I just think someone that acts like that couldn't possibly be a player (or get laid, or whatever). There are times when he looks that he feels awkward around the opposite sex, even around me & I've never flirted w/ him. I've never given the slightest hint that I'm interested in him. Even if I could say anything about my infatuation, I still don't think I'd do anything w/ him.

collegeguy_24

If you want to go ahead and be friends, go ahead. So far you've heard different points of view on this, but in the end it all comes down to you.

• Author
If you want to go ahead and be friends, go ahead. So far you've heard different points of view on this, but in the end it all comes down to you.

Word up.:cool: