Why do I seem to only attract guys who already have girlfriends!?

Okay, so I get these guys who are really great guys hit on me and just be super friendly and interested..but they all have girlfriends! (I'm a junior in high school) Like...what's up with that? What's wrong with me? :eek: Eek! Either that or I get the guys with the reps for breaking hearts that are the really cute jocks..it's nice and all...but after you get over the physical stuff...it's...there's no point to it. Where do I find myself a keeper?? Is it the way they perceive me? A lot of people I get to know tell me that I seem the really ditzy type at first because of the I look and I act. I get complimented a lot on my looks or whatnot and I guess that's good, but I don't wanna be thought of as a bimbo because of it! :( I'm really optimistic too and I'm always smiling so I guess that makes me seem even more...airheaded. :confused: I'm not dumb. (that much :)) I'm in high school and I'm an all A student and involved in AP courses and enrolled in college and stuff and I'm in the top ten percent of my class and all that good stuff. I just need a way to try to...come off as more intellectual and not....stupid. LoL, I guess. Tips, please! :D

ThisGirlNameKD

I never saw what was so wrong with someone laughing and smiling all the time. It shows that you're lighthearted, you're a free spirit, you're enjoying yourself and you're enjoying life. Who made up the rule that you had to be stiff as a board to be considered intelligent and happy all the time to be ditzy or a bimbo?? I'm pretty sure you don't feel that everything is a joke, or that everything shouldn't be taken seriously. You're 16 years old. Enjoy these teen years! Don't worry about what other people say about how you act....people will always have something bad to say about others. And if you get complimented on the way you look, that's fine, accept the compliment. You say you're doing very well in school so that means you're academically smart too.

If people are always perceiving you in a way that you don't see yourself, ask yourself, what is it that you want people to really know about you? If you always put emphasis on how you look or how someone looks, then yeah, they will view you as shallow. If you allow yourself to be smitten by guys that already have girlfriends or someone that's always breaking hearts, you may also be viewed as someone who is shallow and those type of guys would feel they have a chance with you because you're not looking for anything with a little more substance. So, if you want to seem alittle more intellectual, just make wiser choices in your life. If you want a keeper, don't put so much emphasis on the looks, think about what qualities really matter to you in someone and build from there. Also, when the guys that have girls and the heartbreaker's try to talk to you (as in, flirt with you), shut them down. This way, you'll be showing that you're looking for much more than what they have to offer, and maybe then a keeper will come your way.

Since you are in high school...chances are the cliques are in effect. I'm guessing you aren't finding anyone outside of that crowd because you aren't looking outside of it.

I've talked to attractive, popular girls in high school (now, not while I was in it) about how many various strata there really are. At first they don't believe me...and then they are surprised when they actually pay attention and see how many people really WERE outside of the scope of perception.

Just a thought.