Boyfriend for 3 hours...

OK so I really liked this guy for a long time until I thought he didn't like me, so I stopped liking him. A few weeks after I stop liking him he asks me out, and I said yes thinking that I would start liking him again. That night I realized that I didn't like him so I broke up with him, and he got really mad and like disappointed. He told me that he would rather of me just say no when he asked me out. The next day people were really mad at me and calling me heartbreaker. People were also coming up to me and saying that I made him depressed and that he hasn't been talking the whole day (and he likes to talk a lot). So I was talking to my best friends and I told them that I regret everything I did because I made mine and his life miserable... Ever since I broke up with him I feel so sad and about to cry or throw up. I came up to him and gave him a hug but he just walked away. I don't know what to do... I have tried talking to him but he either doesn't respond or says that its fine and I don't need to apologize... I really need your help so please write!!

So after 3 hours you decided you didn't like the guy anymore? You completely screwed up. At least wait a week to see what happens, damn...

You're not a bad person for choosing to end a relationship after not enjoying the first date.

It's not your fault this guy is depressed. You don't owe it to anyone to date someone you're not happy with under pressure of being responsible for their mental security.

Ultimately, people should not hang so much on a relationship, and clearly he has. I doubt this is the sole cause either, it's usually just a trigger point for other issues people keep buried.

His friends want someone to blame, but they should focus their energies on pursuing happiness rather than punishing someone who is not at fault.

One thing I'd disagree with ALB about: she did not hurt him. He hurt himself. Ending a relationship is not harming someone, it's just making a choice to be alone.