Ahhh I feel so silly for asking.... What do i do with competion?

Leatheria

Okay, so a few months ago I met someone through a mutual friend, at first we never really talked talked to each other and I kind of accepted him as someone who was always there and never said anything. Three weeks ago I finally had enough money to get a cell phone, except I had no one to talk to seeing as most of my friends don't have phones. Since I was so exceted about having a new phone I fluanted it around and asked everyone I knew if they had phones. :laugh: Well long story short I got this guys number and we ended up talking a lot and having lots of stuff in common. We have started doing things together like going on trips to the river with our families and going to the movies with friends.

I'm quite young (if you havent figured that out yet :D ) and I really like him. Our mutual friend still knows him lots better than I do and his mother doesn't hate me but she doesn't like that I am not mutual friend. He asked me to go to prom with him, which I'm guessing means he doesn't hate my guts, but I don't know if I am more than a friend to him.

Well anyways there was a situation with buying the tickets to prom and I ended up not being able to buy one. He can still go but says he would rather not because "It wouldn't be fair." He asked me if I would want to go to Boomer's or something of that sort with him in place of prom. I told him that that would be fun.

I wouldn't have a problem going after him, but he is very shy and apparently has feelings for our mutual friend. (she told me this not him.) Mutual friend doesn't like him back and thinks we are cute together. So we aren't really competing but I think in his mind we are. How do I show him I care about him? I don't want to be the one to tell him that mutual friend doesn't like him because it's not my place and might come out as underhanded if I reveal that I like him. Apparently he feels bad about our situation because he likes mutual friend and can't like two people at the same time?

I get the feeling he wants to like me but is being held back by the possibility of him and mutual friend being together. I don't know what to do... it might be a horrible tactic but if i straight up kissed him would that as least give me a little more room in his head? I would go for it but :o I've never been kissed and I want to make sure that my first kiss at least likes me back.

I'm so confused.... any ideas?

blueskyday

Of course you want a little security before you put yourself out there. Sounds like he likes you. He wants to spend prom night with you, even if you two aren't going to prom.

How do you know he likes your friend? Because she told you? Hmmm, I wouldn't believe that until you hear it from him or from some of his friends...Girls can be quite competitive over guys.

He's fair game. He's asking you out. Go out with him. Kiss him if you want to if he makes you feel special and he's got all his attention on you...no rush, either...If you need a bit of time to hang out with him first, then let him know that. Maybe tell him you will only kiss a guy who his your boyfriend.

Life, as well as love, is a risk...no way around that...but you can make sure that whatever you do is on your terms because you want to...