Can't stop thinking about this guy...

Sanguine77

My friend had been telling me about a coworker of his that he thought would be perfect for me. I was pretty excited to finally meet him, and it eventually happened but for a very brief period and we hardly got to speak at all. But fortunately I got to hang out with him and my friend again this past weekend as they had a common friend visiting from out of town. We didn't get to talk much but from whatever we talked about, it seemed that we have very similar tastes and interests. He is really sweet and friendly and I would love to get to know him better and see if there is any potential. I have not been able to stop thinking about him ever since.

I feel helpless, almost to the extent of feeling negative about this whole situation. I have not felt this way about someone in a long time, and I've been trying to date and put myself out there for a really long time. This guy came across as a breath of fresh air and in my head, we'd be perfect. I feel like a school girl again. I don't want this opportunity to pass because I'm at a loss of what to do. Please help!

cerridwen

Sanguine :)....breathe my friend :)

Don't put too much pressure on yourself and the situation.

Be sanguine(def. confident, cheerfully optimistic)!

Prior to meeting, did your friend also tell this man about you?

Or was the scoping out only to happen one way (you of him)?

• Author
Sanguine77

haha you're right, I'm definitely putting too much pressure on myself and the situation. He didn't know about me before the meeting. My friend had just been talking to me about him. Now I feel like I should ask my friend to play the matchmaker. Should he nudge this guy regarding me? What do you think?

cerridwen
haha you're right, I'm definitely putting too much pressure on myself and the situation. He didn't know about me before the meeting. My friend had just been talking to me about him. Now I feel like I should ask my friend to play the matchmaker. Should he nudge this guy regarding me? What do you think?

You're just excited! Nothing wrong with that. Just try not to start planning the wedding or the breakup until you know more ;)

Others will likely have a different opinion, but I don't see anything wrong with asking your friend to play matchmaker.