TheOldUsBack

My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year. We for the most part are very happy and both love each other very much. Throughout our relationship we struggled with trust issues. We didn't cheat on each other but I did talk to a guy who was a friend behind his back and lied about it causing him to lose some trust. We remained together and through time our relationship got better. Well about a month ago I lied about some things that reminded him of the past causing the trust issue again. To help gain his trust I gave him access to all personal info and he did the same but this I feel made matters worse because we are contently questioning everything causing us to fight more than we ever have before. We have tried to come up with ideas to make the relationship better but haven't followed through we the majority of them because when we have several good days together we think its going to stay on that path unfortunately this doesn't happen. We don't want to lose each other but we can't continue on this path. Just can't seem to get back to the way we were before. Im just becoming more and more scared because I dont want it to get so bad we end up hating each other. So if anyone out there can help me I would greatly appreciate it. We dont want to end things so please help

Quick background about us: we are both very stubborn.

Both don't want to get hurt.

He can be a bit controlling and I have my own personal issues going through my head.