Is this sexual harrassment? A guy touching your boobs briefly at a night club.

Do you think this incident is sexual harrassment?

A guy touching your boobs briefly at a night club.

Personally I don't think it's a big deal, but my friend called this harrassment. For me it's no big deal. I think it's because my friend is unattractive, so she's not used to getting attention. But I've gotten worse comments and from guys walking down the street. It's not always nice, but isn't this just part and parcel of being a women? You get hit on, if you're not interested brush them off, guys usually take the hint.

Your thoughts???

YOU ASK: "Do you think this incident is sexual harrassment? A guy touching your boobs briefly at a night club."

Sexual harassment usually takes place at work and if someone touched your boobs there, you could get a lot of money in a lawsuit. At a night club, the touching of your boobs would be an indecent or improper advance, a third degree misdemeanor punishable by three months or more in jail in many jurisdictions. It's a CRIME for a man to touch a lady's breasts without permission or without being in the proper romantic setting, and even worse if she is unknown to the man.

Having your boobs touched in public is NOT part and parcel of being a woman. It's an insult, it's extremely disrespectful and it's a crime. If somebody does that to you again, slap the crap out of them and then call for the night club manager and have that person ejected. A friend of yours will never do that, unless you have pretty ignorant friends.

I think you're right Tony for the most part although I would have to advise a woman NOT to "slap the crap" out of the guy. I think the girl should firmly tell the guy to keep his F***ing hands off but there are a lot of pretty scary guys out there. I've known guys who would hit back hard if a girl struck them. There's no point in a girl getting physically hurt in a situation that can be solved by, as you pointed out, seeing the manager or just leaving the scene.

I guess you're right...a drunken butthole could probably be capable of striking a woman. Drunks used to remain gentlemanly. Actually, when I wrote those few words it was sort of tongue in cheek.

Well Tony, I guess I overreacted to the slapping part because I just had a talk with my daughter who lives with 3 other girls. She was telling me about a drunk guy at their place after a party who overstayed his welcome. My daughter was telling me that she almost physically threw him out and I was really concerned about her thinking she could go up against a guy even if he was drunk. Sure, there are the Layla Ali's of the world but generally speaking, a guy could really hurt a girl if things got physical. But, I didn't mean to detract from all the very sound info and advice you gave to the original poster.