Scared my girlfriend will eventually leave

shadowsfall

My new girlfriend is an aspiring actress in L.A. (who isn't right?) and has been doing very well landing small roles in a variety of different independent films. Everyone rants and raves about how talented she is and how she's going to be a big star one day. While I certainly understand how hard it is (even with extraordinary talent) to make it in Hollywood, there's still a side of me that's terrified she's going to become too busy for the relationship if she made it.

We've only been dating a few months so it's still relatively new but I'm really scared to get any closer to her right now. I find myself creating a little distance between us because I'm worried about the future. I really do want to be supportive of her and her dream to pursue acting but I'm really struggling with this. Any advice would be great.

You could look at it a different way: The fact is that you two are either going to break-up at some point...or get married.

Whether she is an aspiring actress or an aspiring accountant, it does not change that fact.

If you're feeling insecure and ready to bail, at least man-up and call it like it is -- don't go blaming her aspirations!

On the other hand.

Why not give your energy and attention to just being the best damned partner you can be? Make yourself a truly valuable part of her life...and then she'll have to be a nutjob to even consider leaving, yes?

Learn how to please her, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Learn how to nurture her; how to really love her. In bed, find out what SHE likes, give her enough foreplay, change it up, spice it up.

Once you're confident in your own skills of connection and relationship, you won't suffer from insecurities about any woman leaving you.