Short and sweet

yagottahelp

Short and sweet, does absence make the heart grow fonder? I mean physical absence, like not just giving space, but not being able to see each other type absence-I understand there are a ton of different situations, I'm thinking it does-especially when two people become too comfortable with each other, when they need a reality check.

Just was wondering your opinions

YOU ASK: "Short and sweet, does absence make the heart grow fonder?"

Short and sweet, sometimes in the short term. But, over time, people heal, memories fade, people find new friends, loves and activities, and time moves on.

I think this was more true many years ago when life was a lot less complicated and chaotic.

not being able to see each other type absence

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^ is so totally hard in all given situations!!

I wish absence didn't have so many twists and turns to its definition. With all its rollercoaster swings one can not control their emotions and feelings towards thee other person.:confused:

• Author
yagottahelp

Thanks everyone, I've heard it basically all my life with stuff, so I figured what others thought-I was meaning absence of almost 2 months- just enough, but not like years-

And as for tony's comment on life being chaotic and such, I'm surprised anyone has relationships with the world today, ya gotta wonder sometimes if life was just a bit simpler

jessicakicksbut

While I do agree that a few days apart can be a good thing, I also have the philosophy that couple should contact one another at least once a day, even if it is just by phone. In my current relationship, my fiance and I agreed to contact one another everyday by phone (he works days, I work nights, so we don't get to see each other in person sometimes for days). It's been over a year we have been doing this, and I feel it has strengthened the relationship. Maybe Tony is right, life is too complicated and so much can change in just a few days compared to how things used to be.

But, in the same breath, since life was more simple and less complicated MANY years ago, wouldn't people desire more time together since there was less to keep people occupied back then. I mean, we didn't have the internet, phone, cars, etc. to keep us busy...maybe indirectly that's why people married so quickly and at such young ages years ago? They didn't have the means and ways to court each other for long lengths of time, or to really go out and meet different types of people, so they just dived right into commitment once they found someone they loved.