Couples Where 1 Partner Does Not Smoke Marijuana And The Other Partner Does

Baby Face Nelson

Do you agree it is a relationship that is doomed for failure ?

Do you agree that most couples where one partner smokes marijuana and the other partner does not smoke marijuana, will not stay together for very long ? Atleast not long enough to take it to the next level which is marriage.

Why would a pothead want to spend the rest of their lives with somebody who does not like to get high. Potheads belong with other potheads when it comes to forming serious relationships that might lead to marriage.

My partner smokes pot occasionally.

I have never smoked at all.

because he's an occasional, recreational user, I really don't care as it doesn't affect me.

Or him, seriously.

He is going on a stop smoking program, because he smokes too much tobacco, and he will stop the weed, because pursuing a legal career clashes, somewhat!:laugh:

LucreziaBorgia

It is only doomed for failure when the one who doesn't smoke marijuana makes it a problem in the relationship.

I was in a relationship like that before and it didn’t work because I hated the fact the he smoked, and he smoked a lot through out the whole day on a weekly basis he spent around $200 on pot. I figured it wont be fair for me to force him to change so I left.

Never works. I smoke about $20 worth a week - not enough that I consider it a huge problem - but if I got a GF I would cut down and maybe stop altogether. It amazes me how complacent and inconsiderate some people are.

Crestfallen_KH

I was never crazy about it, but it didn't doom our relationship.

Like any substance, frequency of use is key. Just because someone smokes pot occasionally doesn't mean that person is a pothead.

Again, like any other negotiable habit, the participants in the relationship have to decide what's a deal breaker and what isn't.

I fell in love with a man who I knew "liked to smoke a little pot" -- that's what a mutual friend told me when she introduced us. And I thought that wasn't a problem, because I drink sometimes, and I don't see a big difference between the two.

But after few months, he went back to smoking 24/7. Turns out the high of a new relationship had replaced his need to get stoned as often, but once we'd been together a little while, he went back to old habits. I tried really, really hard to accept it. But it eventually became an issue because I didn't want to be with someone who couldn't even function without it. Everything in his life revolved around the pot.

So in this case, I'd say it's doomed to failure. Not because of the substance, but because of the role it can play in someone's life.