3rd date disaster: please help

Hi Everyone,

I'm new and would really appreciate some sound advice.

I met "D" nearly 3 weeks ago at a bar. On our first 2 dates, he didn't lay a finger on me. Our 3rd date took place in his apt. watching movies, well one thing led to another and we went as far as oral sex. I do feel a bit uncomfortable now, like I went too far too soon.

I didn't hear from him the next day so 2 days later I emailed him and we had a nice chat. He called that night at 9:00pm to see if I wanted to do something, but I wasn't in.

Sorry for rambling, my questions are:

1) Do you think he's decided that I'm just a "good for now girl" because of our 3rd date?

and

2) Is it a bad sign that, with the exception of our first date, he always asks me out last minute?

BTW, we are both 30.

• Author

So guys don't really distinguish between oral sex and intercourse? And it was the 3rd date?...I'm totally reaching I know. I just don't want to admit that I may have blown it.

I don't think that makes a big difference. Why didn't you return the favor?

Have you seen him since? Didn't you meet him in a bar? Is this normal behavour for you?

• Author

I felt really uncomfortable about how far things had gone so I put a stop to everything mid way through.

I did meet him at a bar and this isn't normal behaviour for me, but nobody believes what you say, they look at what you've done.

• Author

This happend on Sunday and no I haven't seen him since. .

He did call at 9:00 pm last night to see what I was doing though? I wasn't home so I called him back this morning and he hasn't returned my call yet.

I'm not sure but I bet he'll want to have sex with you. I doubt he'll have any real feelings for you. Guys are like that. They see an opportunity and take advantage of it. You let him do what he wanted to do with you.

Maybe you should just use him too.

• Author

I'm so upset about this. I just like him so much, I couldn't find my self control.

Don't some couples have sex within the first 3 dates and go on to have happy relationships?

You must really love sex! For me I need to be really sure about the guy before letting it get to the stage you did.

It sounds like you haven't been in many relationships.

I guess some successful couples do have sex within the first few dates. But, it would seem totally comfortable with both partners wouldn't it? You were uncomfortable and stopped it. That must have given him a strange signal.

• Author

Actually, I have had several long term relationships but I can't remember when in the relationship we had sex.

You don't think he might respect me for not 'going all the way'? Or am I a horrible tease?

He really seemed interested in me? But does this behaviour mean he was only interested in sex?

Instead of analyzing what happened; sit down with him and tell him your feelings on how you thought it went too far too quickly. Also; tell him that you like him. Just my opinion... Whatever happened to just plain Jane honesty these days...

The sex thing is between you guys and especially YOU. It should be up to you if you think you went too far too quickly.

Good luck

Ask yourself this -

Why didn't you go all the way with him?

Were you just teasing him?

Were you both totally naked? - meaning could he have expected sexual intercourse?

How was he after?

• Author

No we weren't totally naked, he was totally clothed and I had my top on.

He was very sweet and cuddly afterwards.

But I haven't spoken to him since that night and my fear is that I won't get a chance to let him know how I feel. Or if it will even make a difference.

It seems to me that any guy worth something would have called you the very next day. I think you should move on. There's lots of guys out there.

Call him, talk to him, go out of your way to go see him and tell him how you feel. Talk to him the old fashioned way: in person or via telephone. Forget this computer shi**.

and, if he really cared how you feel, he would have called right away.

No doubt he'll call. Tell you he's crazy about you. Have his way with you and then you'll never hear from him again.

I could be wrong. But that's my sense.

Understandably!!! I think you may feel better when you talk to him. At least you can clear the air and tell him how you feel so you can start over or end it...

Why do we have to call HIM??

He should be the one who senses that there's something wrong. Don't go grovelling to him. Be strong. You made a mistake and move on!

• Author

I'm a bit too nervous to call him & talk about it.

I don't want to seem like a desperate stalker. And it might be weird bringing it up 4 days later(or longer if he doesn't call).

If he asks me out again, I will most definitly talk to him about it, but I'm worried he won't ask me out again.