Is it just me?

Or are there more people in unhappy relationships posting recently? I feel like all of my advice is to 'get out'.

Is it just me thinking this? Am I in a negative relationship funk?

Most people who post here do so because they are having relationship problems.

My feeling is, generally, that people post their problems here because there is a sad lack of communication in their relationship or they don't have the conflict resolution skills to work things out in the confines of their relationship.

A great many people are with the wrong mate...in hopeless situations and need to get out. Many of those will turn up in other hopeless situations unless they change themselves.

I usually give people credit to have enough intelligence to try to work things out before giving up. My best feeling is people post here as a last resort and are at wits end. I don't think those kinds of relationships are worth participating in. Maybe I'm just too much of a romantic.

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is a great forum for people to share ideas. You are the only person capable of making the right decision. Compare what you are going through to what others say, and if the situation is similar you can choose to heed the advice.

You know your partner better than anyone else here. Some of the things said here may point you at clues about aspects of behavior you didn't notice before. If it's worth another shot, give it a second chance. But if it's the third, fourth, fifth chance... Do you see both of you growing old together?