Flirting and lust....

You know that feeling of lust when you first meet somone...when you flirt on the phone or in person, can't wait to see them, get butterflies in your stomach ect....

How do you keep that feeling from dying, how do you prevent the flirting from ending?

My friend who has just began a new realtiionship asked me that today. She has been married and divorced now dating again and said that it all died with her ex-h and now that she is rediscovering it again and remembering what it feels like she is afriad of losing that feeling if things get serious and asked how a person hangs on to that as the realtionship grows.

I didn't know how to answer her, I am not sure you can...

What do you think, can the flirting carry on years later, can you re live that feeling of lust after your in love with somone?

i think it comes down to a person, his/her personality and how good they are at flirting. also a depends on the other partner to reciprocate. one sidedness and its over eventually.

if you really like someone, you will flirt now and then. if you really love someone , you will flirt forever if you are good at it. but also don't expect things will be like they were at the beginning.

My friend who has just began a new realtiionship asked me that today. She has been married and divorced now dating again and said that it all died with her ex-h and now that she is rediscovering it again and remembering what it feels like she is afriad of losing that feeling if things get serious and asked how a person hangs on to that as the realtionship grows.

I can very much relate to your friend. I lost all desire and physical attraction to my husband (there really wasn't much there in the beginning). I just was not attracted to him. We got a divorce. Now I am dating a man to whom I am extremely attracted and lust over. And I wonder if it will fade, will the lust go, will the excitement dim. It's hard to imagine me ever not feeling lustful and excited by him. And I think that if you work at it, you can keep some level of it in a relationship. At least, that's what I've heard! That's what I'm aiming for! But I really can't say from experience.

You know that feeling of lust when you first meet somone...when you flirt on the phone or in person, can't wait to see them, get butterflies in your stomach ect....

How do you keep that feeling from dying, how do you prevent the flirting from ending??

You don't. Things will die down...thats a fact. I'm not saying you can't have a long standing relationship and still have some spark....but anyone is a fool if they think it will always be like when they first met.

You don't. Things will die down...thats a fact. I'm not saying you can't have a long standing relationship and still have some spark....but anyone is a fool if they think it will always be like when they first met.

Yes, relationships change, and good ones will develop into something fuller and deeper than the initial romantic high. However, I have faith that there is a way to keep some of that lust there, that romantic spark. Maybe not present all the time, but occasional resurrections.

It's a scientific impossibility for butterflies to survive in your stomach for long. ;)

I do believe that it is possible to have a deep, abiding love. I've seen it and one day, will have it.

As for flirting and lust, yes, it is definitely possible if you keep working at it and continuously changing things up, so bedtime...afternoon time...morning time...middle of the night...are times to look forward to. :laugh: