Is the female ego worse than the male ego?

Men get flack for having an ego but I actually think women are worse. With men if you treat them with love and respect they will treat you like a queen but with women they just keep wanting more and more and more no matter how good a man treats them. That is why married women are so vulnerable to men that hit on them. They are feeling unattractive and the OM plays into their ego and they are hooked. You hear constantly how these women say they are controlled by magical force that guided them and they can't stop. Women can't stand not being thought of as beautiful and not being wanted so that is why they get involved with unavailable men. It is a constant quest to make that man available but once the woman acheived her desires she no longer wants him. She has soothed her ego by making him want her and her mission is done.

This applies with my ex and my friend;s soon to be ex. I would have given my right arm for my ex but she cheated on me and said she no longer wanted to be with me. She probably thought I would beg and plead like most men in my situation would do but I left her on the spot and told her I was divorcing her. Once the divorce was over I wanted nothing to do with her and that drove her insane. I doubt she loved me but the fact that she meant nothing to me anymore got to her. When she found out I was getting remarried she really went nuts and shot up my house.

My friend's wife cheated on him and demanded a divorce because she needed to find herself. He begged and pleaded but no matter what he did she was determined that he was the source of all her unhappiness and she wanted out. One day he got sick of trying and went and filed for divorce himself. She flipped and accused him of being cold, uncaring and not willing to fight for his marriage when he tried to fight and got nowhere. After she left he enjoyed his freedom and the lack of nagging so much that he wants the divorce as much as she did and it is driving her up the wall. He wants to just go to court and get it over with.

In both cases the man starved the woman's ego and it greatly upset her. Women's egos are just as bad if not worse than men's.

I'll settle for just as bad on average, depending on the individual. Women's egos have a tendancy to revolve around different things but they can be just as bad.

Men get flack for having an ego but I actually think women are worse. With men if you treat them with love and respect they will treat you like a queen but with women they just keep wanting more and more and more no matter how good a man treats them. That is why married women are so vulnerable to men that hit on them. They are feeling unattractive and the OM plays into their ego and they are hooked. You hear constantly how these women say they are controlled by magical force that guided them and they can't stop. Women can't stand not being thought of as beautiful and not being wanted so that is why they get involved with unavailable men. It is a constant quest to make that man available but once the woman acheived her desires she no longer wants him. She has soothed her ego by making him want her and her mission is done.

This applies with my ex and my friend;s soon to be ex. I would have given my right arm for my ex but she cheated on me and said she no longer wanted to be with me. She probably thought I would beg and plead like most men in my situation would do but I left her on the spot and told her I was divorcing her. Once the divorce was over I wanted nothing to do with her and that drove her insane. I doubt she loved me but the fact that she meant nothing to me anymore got to her. When she found out I was getting remarried she really went nuts and shot up my house.

My friend's wife cheated on him and demanded a divorce because she needed to find herself. He begged and pleaded but no matter what he did she was determined that he was the source of all her unhappiness and she wanted out. One day he got sick of trying and went and filed for divorce himself. She flipped and accused him of being cold, uncaring and not willing to fight for his marriage when he tried to fight and got nowhere. After she left he enjoyed his freedom and the lack of nagging so much that he wants the divorce as much as she did and it is driving her up the wall. He wants to just go to court and get it over with.

In both cases the man starved the woman's ego and it greatly upset her. Women's egos are just as bad if not worse than men's.

Once again, you are generalizing an entire gender just because of a few bad experiences. Is generalizing your middle name?

Each person is different. There are guys with a huge ego and there are women with a huge ego. In the end, no one is any better or worse than anyone else.

Storyrider

Overinflated ego is a human trait that all of us battle. It just manifests differently between the genders as well as between individuals. Women don't usually murder people over ego issues. It all comes out in the wash.

Trialbyfire

I bring the example of KMT to this discussion. In using anecdotal evidence to create broad brush strokes, just like the OP, I believe I win...

I bring the example of KMT to this discussion. In using anecdotal evidence to create broad brush strokes, just like the OP, I believe I win...

I can actually of a few people on here, male and female with huge ego's. Like I said, there is not one gender that is worse then the other. Anyone who thinks differently is just bitter and needs to grow up and stop generalizing.

Trialbyfire
I can actually of a few people on here, male and female with huge ego's. Like I said, there is not one gender that is worse then the other. Anyone who thinks differently is just bitter and needs to grow up and stop generalizing.

I wasn't being serious...hence the broad brush strokes. There's no such thing as paint by gender...

I wasn't being serious...hence the broad brush strokes. There's no such thing as paint by gender...

I know you weren't being serious. I hit the quote button by mistake and I didn't feel like changing it.:laugh:

• Author

I was inspired by listening to some of the answering machine messages left by my friend's soon to be ex. She really is mad that he isn't falling apart over this.

Is this really about egos or just relationships gone bad?

IfWishesWereHorses

They are feeling unattractive and the OM plays into their ego and they are hooked.

Woggle, I think your a little of the mark here, AND it is my opinion that this is were so many men go wrong with women. It is not that they are necessarily feeling unattractive its that they are feeling undesired. 100 men could stand in line for one minutes conversation to try to get my attention. 99% of them would use their minute to make me feel attractive.

I never dated during my separation with my husband but after 20 years of being married and off limits, complete stangers came up and worked their words to tell me how attractive I was. I found it discusting, I have no control over the things they were complementing. ONE man however asked me some silly "what if questions" that started the most incredbile conversation and I never even knew his name. If I was dating HE would have been the one that I chose. He made me feel desired for ME. Who knows, he could have been an axe murderer in real life but it had nothing to do iwth my ego being stoked. It had to do with being desired, accepted, and understood for me.

Woggle woman have egos. that isn't anything new. As others have said some have very big and out of control egos. Hey does that sound like some guys?

neither men or woman have the market locked on big out of control egos. there are find example of both genders with big out of control egos.

Donald Trump and Martha Stewart are to wonderful examples of ego maniacs.

A great many woman hang their egos on how desirable they are. I have an idea that a lot of Other woman might get more out of stealing somebodies husband then they do in the actual relationship. It proves they are an Alfa Female, It prove that she is more sexually desirable then the wife.

the Alpha Male that conquered the bussiness world will have his trophy wife at home and his Trophy mistress.

Both genders have equally atrocious egomaniacs but in different ways.

I don't think women are worse than men though in the ego department... I know lots of men who are ego maniacs too...

Most people in general just suck.

lonelybird

Most people in general just suck.

we should crucify our egO. or kick it out

Curmudgeon
Women's egos are just as bad if not worse than men's.

Why don't you become a monk? If ever a man had a low opinion of women in general, and only because of the actions of a few, it's you.

Do you spout this stuff to your wife? :sick:

Why don't you become a monk? If ever a man had a low opinion of women in general, and only because of the actions of a few, it's you.

Do you spout this stuff to your wife? :sick:

When I see this consistant need to validate this perspective - I also think the same thing C.