My common law wife who was physically abused, I need

I have been living with a woman I met for aprox. 8 months. She seemed so happy always laughing and smiling, our relationship seemed perfect. Through conversation I found out that she was very physically abused. So much that the guy who abused her (her X husband for seven years) actually went to jail for two years. She also was raised by her great aunt who died when she was11 and then the family told her it wasn't her mother and put her in foster homes. after about 5 months into our relationship One day she went back to her home town to send her stuff out, and she did just that. but on her last day before coming out she decided not to come back at all. through e-mail communication and then moving forward to phone calls she decided to come back.

She blamed not wanting to come back because of some doctors tests that she was scared of. I accepted that and we proceeded with our relationship, again being as happy as can be. About a month later she sent to her step father (her real mums husband who she met when she was 20) a birthday gift. They did not return her calls or say thank you, she was very sad because of this. I seen that she was hurting so I told her to go visit her mother and see what is wrong. She did go and when she got there about 5 hours later called me and said she wasn't coming back because her parents disapprove of our relationship. I have done all I can for this girl, the night before she left we had a good discussion and she told me she was very happy with our relationship. She also opened up to me and said she needed some counciling .

I told her whatever she wanted to do would be fine, I justed wanted her pain to go away. She did not contact me for about a week. Then when she did she just wanted to pick her stuff up. I was very supportive and told her what ever she wanted to do I would support her decision. I also offered to help pay for her counseling if she preferred to stay with her mum for now. She has told me that it is not because of the relationship, she was very happy with us, It is just her and she needs to deal with her issues.

Im pretty confused right now and need some advice. Is this typical behavior with abused women? And is there anything I should be doing? or just let her go. will she again try to enter my life, only to run again? any advice would be appreciated