LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > Archive

need advice please

Archive A collection of the original messages posted on LoveShack.org's LoveTalk Forum from 1997-2001.

Old 30th December 2001, 1:05 PM   #1
worried

need advice please

WHAT Do you call it when you have to control, manipulate, and lie, to avoid feelings of fear, anxiety, jealousy, abandonment, insecurity, anger, hurt, i guess the list could go on but i think you get the pic.

i know i posted this below but no one responded, so i hope someone will see it if i put it back up here.

Old 30th December 2001, 1:25 PM   #2
Established Member

Re: need advice please

Displacement, avoidance and/or conscious or unconscious defense mechanisms.

You only asked a question, which I have attempted to answer above, yet your heading implies you are needing advice. What exactly were you looking for here?

If you have these problems and are looking for a way to work through them, you need to post information like details about your family of origin, how you were raised, how you related to your parents, etc. These problems usually originate in bad parenting received by an individual.