Why do men stray?

Anne

I think a little of both. Those that aren't happy with the relationship they are in do it because they feeled unfulfilled or lacking something...those that do it because they can are self absorbed jackasses with no regards for anyone but themselves.

Why do men stray? Do they do it because they aren't happy in their relationships? Or do they do it because they can?

From an evolutionary perspective, males were meant to wander about the countryside impregnating as many females as would have them. As man has evolved and become more civilized, it doesn't happen quite that way but the instinct to have many partners and spread his genes is still deep in the male psyche. Men are built to screw and spread their genetic material throughout the land.

If the evolution of man were, say, a year right now then we would be in the final hour of that process. You can't expect a species to completely change it's behavior because in the final hour social processes were established and morals were developed to stifle man's biological imperative.

It's only been in recent history that man had pants to keep it in.

Woman as well are programmed for reproducing the species and they're doing quite well at it. Since marriage came into play, there have never been more one-parent families than today. Millions of women in America and around the world are raising children without the benefit of the male who made them pregnant...or any male for that matter.

Men stray for the same reason that dogs bark, that birds fly south for the winter, that bears hibernate. It's an instinct that accepted rules of society often cannot override.

I know there are a lot of people who will read this and either not be able to handle it or say I'm full of crap. I'll debate anybody who wants to take me on.

YOU ASK: and women never stray??

Yes they do but that wasn't the original question. No point in answering questions that aren't asked.

Women stray for different reasons than men, mostly because they are emotionally or sexually dissatisfied with their current marriage or relationship but are too insecure to break it off, I am speaking here of the relationship...of course.