Bad Language

Mr Practical

My girlfriend uses bad language constantly and I'm getting tired of it. Every conversation consists of so many shi*'s and fuc*'s. It is really getting old. If I say anything to her I know she'll get upset - she always does if there is even a hint of any disapproval. Any suggestions?

The purpose of dating someone is, generally, to see if they will be a satisfactory partner over a long period. The fact that your girlfriend freely uses foul language and the fact that she does not like to be criticized even in the kindest ways clearly indicates she is not fit to be your cleaning lady...much less long term partner.

I get criticized all the time for telling people to break it off but I wouldn't want someone like your girlfriend for an acquaitance, much less than a lifetime partner.

Vote her out of your life and tell her...goodbye!

Tell her that it bothers you...tell her that it's very unattractive. If she gets even the tiniest bit upset at you for telling her, that is a BIG sign that you are in a relationship with the WRONG girl!

I have never been attracted to people who use foul language on a regular basis. I've been fortunate enough to date guys who always watched their mouth around me, even if they cursed a lot with their male friends.

At the beginning, they said a few curse words...but I clearly asked them not to say them when talking to me or around me because I felt it was disrespectful and unattractive. None of them got offended with me telling them that, and they immediately stopped doing it from the beginning.

And what bugs me even more than guys using curse words is when girls use them...it's very un-ladylike.