stubborn boyfriend

Just recently my boyfriend asked me to go to dinner with him, his aunt and uncle for aunt's b-day. At first I said yes, even though it was short notice. Upon further thinking, I realized that I still had a lot of homwork to do for Mon. Later that night I told him and ever since then he has been so mad at me. He claims that he told me about dinner a couple of weeks ago and that I should have had my h.w. done so that I could've gone to dinner. He, however, did not tell me about dinner until the day before, and never anytime before that. He thinks that I just don't remember him telling me the first time, but that first time was when he told me the day before because I know I would have remembered otherwise.Anyway, he is so mad at me and hasn't really been speaking to me for almost a week. He's being so stubborn and insisting that he is right and I am wrong. I don't want this to continue, but I don't know how to end it either. I don't care who's wrong or right, it's just not important to me. What's important is that we get on with our relationship. We've been together for two years and love each other so much. I miss him, how do I get him to talk to me, and what should I say?

If this dinner date was so important to him, he should have mentioned it again, closer to the event. For you two to be fighting about something like this tells me there is a lot more trouble in your relationship.

Apparently, there is a serious breakdown in communication right now and may have been for a while. The problem with this dinner date was probably "the straw that broke the camels back."

There are some other things going on here that will have to be worked out if you are going to be a happy couple in the future. You two are going to have to talk, as you said, not about who is right or who is wrong, but about why you have a breakdown in communication and how to reduce the possibility of it happening again.

Call him and tell him you want to talk. If he won't meet you half way or if he wants to get back on the botched dinner plans then tell him he needs to find another girlfriend, because you don't take crap like this from anybody!