Wierd Wierd problems

Okay, i met someone over the weekend at a little 'retreat' with a lot of teenagers we will call her Emily..well, anyways, for some reason i kinda liked Emily at first because she seemd nice and accually kinda pretty, even tho my friends told me she was ugly. Well, there was someone else that liked me, who was sorta her friend we will call her Rachel. But, Emily said that i wasnt allowed to talk to Rachel or her friends, and i didnt know why..to make a long story short, I heard that Rachel liked me, and for some reason everytime i know someone has feelings for me, it somehow helps me get feelings for them...dunno why. At the end of the thing, i ended up asking both of them for their phone numbers, even tho i was sure i didnt like emily anymore, and that i really was into rachel. I talked to rachel two days after the thing and she said Emily told all her friends that she had me whipped, and rachel believed it, and thought i was in love with emily and wouldnt believe that i liked her, also she sees a set back because im a junior in Hs and she will be a Freshman...that is an acceptable differance isnt it? Ya so anyways, I talked to rachel like really late into the night, and the next day she called me when i wasnt home, and disquised it as a 'prank call' she was giving me. My friend told me that she was probably really wanting to talk to me, and the prank call was a cover so that she wouldnt be embarrassed. Well, my problem is, i really like her, but in my past they get bored of me fast, and i dont think it will last too long going on my past...After reading this whole situaion (might be a little unclear, ask if you need clarification) what can you tell me i should do or not do? and what can you make of the situation?

thanks....

John

hi john,

i don't feel this situation is actually as complicated as you feel it is. events over the weekend may have made it seem that way, but if both girls like you, then the ball is in your court, right?

perhaps you should think long and hard about which girl you like the most. sure, one might be upset for a day or two, but you can't help that. if you feel you like one more than the other, then give her a call and ask her out somewhere.

if you feel you don't want to pick either girl, then don't. you don't have to pick any girl if you don't really feel you like either of them enough to date, or if you don't want to upset one of them....do you like either one enough to want to date them? would you go out with them for the right reasons, or is it just because they are there and interested??

you're young, and there will be heaps of girls who will really knock your socks off when you meet them.

so my advice? if these girls didn't knock your socks off, don't pursue anything. wait until a girl comes along who you think is awesome....you obviously have something going for you if two girls from this camp liked you, so imagine all the other opportunities out there waiting for you....and wouldn't it suck if you dated one of them, and the girl of your dreams passed you by because she thought you were taken?

and another thing....if girls seem to get bored with you so quickly, it's not because of who you are or anything like that, but probably because they're fickle and you probably didn't have much in common with them to start with....you probably would have become bored with them in a short space of time too.

good luck!!! :)