Am I being unreasonable???

Tell me what you think....

I invited my best friend around on Monday night for dinner with a few of my other friends, she knew about this a week before it even happened. Anyways 1 hour before everyone was due to arrive she called and said that she was going out for dinner with her boyfriend, and she couldnt make it. I was mad, and she asked me if I was angry and I said "YES", she didnt understand why. Am I being unreasonable or am I justified? I havent spoken to her since then, about 3 days ago !!!!

IT MAKES ME MAD !!!!

I hate it when friends, once they get involved with a boyfriend, push all their other friends out of the picture.

Some girls aren't smart enough to provide themselves with a good balance of friends/boyfriend. Yes that was rude of her to cancel at the last minute...err last hour. Maybe you could've told her to bring her boyfriend along if she wanted.

No use being upset and worrying about it though. People will continue to do inconsiderate things as long as they--and you--live. And what comes around goes around. So once she breaks up with her boyfriend and needs a friend to turn to, she'll feel dumb about the whole thing. So don't you worry about a thing...if this is the first time she's done this, ignore it. It's not a big deal. If this happens quite often, I'd just stop inviting her...period.

Look on the bright side. At least she called to cancel. That was nice of her.

Your friend sounds like the normal, run of the the mill inconsiderate, selfish person.

I think you do yourself a great disservice by upsetting yourself. I also think it's wrong to demand that anyone do anything. It would have been very nice if she would have been courteous and showed up for dinner but she wasn't.

She did what she wanted to do. At least she called you instead of just not showing up and leaving it mysterious.

I'm not sure that's enough to discontinue the friendship or to even be angry. I would have just let her know how disappointed you were. But I certainly wouldn't have let HER nonappearance ruin things for me.

Don't ever depend on other people. They'll let you down. And don't let the behavior of other people ruin things for you.