How can I look more handsome?

Carlos

Hi. I am in my teen years, and part of dating in these years involoves looking handsome...so does any one have any tips on how to look more handsome? So far, I try to shave everyday so i'm less hairy, I also pluck a few hairs out of my hands so I'm less hairy...I comb and gel my hair whenever I go out. I use breath mints.....

Does anyone else have any other suggestions??

Thanks

-Carlos.

Looking handsome and being handsome are two different things. You can look like a million without having a dime in your pocket.

It sounds like you have the drill right down. Wearing neatly tailored stylish clothes along with clean or polished shoes is impressive as well. Wearing a splash of great-smelling cologne will get you noticed.

Don't use a sticky gel in your hair unless it is absolutely necessary. Most ladies like the dry, natural look.

But while you should always be concerned about your appearance, you will find that the ladies may be initially attracted to certain features about you...but they are more concerned about your personality.

Don't be too nice at first. Always let them do most of the talking and be very interested in their lives, that will go lots further than being handsome. Listen to them closely. Take them to nice, romantic places and be a gentleman.

The list goes on and on. I think most women would say that there's lots more than appearance to a handsome man. It's the confidence he exudes, the language he uses, his intelligence, etc. It's the total package.

A man who is absolutely drop dead gorgeous but who falls short everywhere else (and is in love with himself) will lose just about every time.

So work on more aspects of yourself than your looks, unless your life's goal is just to be a male model with no brains and no girl.

The only thing that bothers me is this plucking hairs out of your hands that you do. There's only one thing I know, that if you do it too much, it causes hair to grow in your hands.

Tony, one question.... How do you know if you pluck hand hairs you'll get hairy palms????? Just wondering... But great advice for this young man.

Looking handsome and being handsome are two different things. You can look like a million without having a dime in your pocket. It sounds like you have the drill right down. Wearing neatly tailored stylish clothes along with clean or polished shoes is impressive as well. Wearing a splash of great-smelling cologne will get you noticed. Don't use a sticky gel in your hair unless it is absolutely necessary. Most ladies like the dry, natural look. But while you should always be concerned about your appearance, you will find that the ladies may be initially attracted to certain features about you...but they are more concerned about your personality. Don't be too nice at first. Always let them do most of the talking and be very interested in their lives, that will go lots further than being handsome. Listen to them closely. Take them to nice, romantic places and be a gentleman. The list goes on and on. I think most women would say that there's lots more than appearance to a handsome man. It's the confidence he exudes, the language he uses, his intelligence, etc. It's the total package. A man who is absolutely drop dead gorgeous but who falls short everywhere else (and is in love with himself) will lose just about every time. So work on more aspects of yourself than your looks, unless your life's goal is just to be a male model with no brains and no girl. The only thing that bothers me is this plucking hairs out of your hands that you do. There's only one thing I know, that if you do it too much, it causes hair to grow in your hands.

Actually, what I meant to write was that there is only one thing I know THAT causes hair to grow on your palms. Use your imagination....it was sort of a man's joke. Hint: doing the same think is said to cause feeble-mindedness

Hint: It sounds something like mastication, which is the chewing of food...except this thing that is said to cause hairy palms has nothing to do with food.

OK, now, solve the puzzle.

Hi Carlos,

Let me start by telling you something that a lot of us fail to realise when we are teenagers:

Beauty really does come from within

AND

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

You may think, "how can I look more handsome?". Do you realise there are probably girls out there that already think you are handsome? You obviously don't feel comfortable with your body hair at this stage in your life, but trust me, a lot of girls find it very sexy and masculine.

Shaving everyday is nice, because you look neat. You sound like a guy who is well-up on hygiene and personal care, so that's a really good start. A lot of girls are attracted to guys who can look after themselves. It shows they have self-respect. But don't go overboard -- you will only end up appearing to be absorbed in yourself. It's just as if you were to look at a girl with too much make-up on -- not a good look, eh? Neat, well-groomed and respectable is the key.

From a girls point of view -- it's the clothes that make the man (and I guess it's also the man that makes the clothes!). You know what styles suit you best, so make the most of them. Re-vamp your wardrobe if you want, and buy some new clothes.

Don't forget that for a lot of people, it's not looks that count, but personality. I have met some stunning people who have the personality of a dead goldfish, and they are such a turn-off. I have met some ordinary looking people with a great personality, great sense of humour etc, and it makes them shine.

Not being afraid to be yourself is sooo attractive. Being comfortable in your own skin and with who you are is a real turn-on.

But remember, you can change how you look, but don't ever try and change who you are.

Beauty is important. I've always found that good looking people are generally more confident, more comfortable in their own skin, etc. ( I'd be comfortable if I was in that skin!)

Unfortunately, short of cosmetic surgey, there is not a lot a lot you can do about it. That's why people say things like beauty is on the inside.

I'll say one thing though. If your still in your teen years, give it time. Your probablly still goin through puberty. Features like your jaw line, brows, and cheek bones will continue to grow into your early 20's usually.

Time is on your side! ( at least for the moment)

What you wear often can change your appearance by a lot.

Aside from the common sense stuff about clean clothes and good grooming, there are other considerations.

How expensive or fashionable something is isn't as important as how it fits.Be sure to always wear clothes that are the right size for you.If you're short and you wear baggy clothes(too big for you) you end up looking even shorter. If you're tall, but you wear clothes too tight, you end up looking nerdy and akward. Make sure the clothes you wear fit properly. The means also the lenght of the arm has to be right, as well as the length down the leg too.

No matter what your size, there are clothes that make you look more "proportionally correct".The U.S. Army, and every other army, knows this fact. If you've ever seen military personel in combat fatigues, you'll realize how well proportioned they tend to look. You'll also realize how hard it is to judge their height and weight just by looking at them. That's because their uniforms are designed that way, so that if fitted properly, nobody looks too small or too skinny or too fat. You don't want to send your guys overseas looking like 120lbs nerds, even though they might be a 6' 4" 230lbs grunt.

Some clothing designers have picked up on this, but others have not. A lot of them make stuff for guys with no shoulders or guys with small hips or big feet or pencil necks or whatever. If you want expert advice on how clothes should fit, go to a store that sells tailored men's suits. The store clerks who take measurements for tailor made men's suits knows exactly how long a sleeve length should be and how much room should be around the shoulders and whatnot. They could easily tell you if something fits you right or not.

Also on another note:don't let anyone cut your hair except a barber.Stay away from salons because they specialize in women's hair not men. A good barber can give you a manly haircut, not something sissy or too stylish. Also, avoid wearing unnecessary jewelry like earrings.