LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Parenting

Single Moms

Parenting Discuss tips, concerns, and all the mayhem involved in raising kids.

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th May 2017, 1:58 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovyC View Post
A single parent to me is someone who pulls all the weight of raising a child. It doesn't matter if your divorced, separated or never married.

I am thinking of leaving my husband and raising my son on my own. My parents are in their 80's so I will pretty much do everything. There is no village...just me. And if I am lucky I might get child support payments.

I think single parents need all the support and recognition regardless of status because it's a way of living, sacrifice and actions that define single parent.
You and I were posting on each other's threads at the exact same time just now.
Old 15th June 2017, 7:16 PM   #17
Established Member

I think being solo mum isnt as bad now, less im not with a cheater, or a man thats worse at making mess that my kids
misspalmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2017, 1:36 PM   #18
Established Member

Whatever the proper definition, single parents ultimately have sole responsibility for kids' welfare in practice.

On paper, my kids' father contributes financially (because he has to, not of his own free will) and sees them for a few hours on w/e when he can be bothered. He doesn't parent them, though. No discipline, no day-to-day juggling of childcare, work, general chores and your own stuff, no financial responsibilities beyond a monthly contribution, no dealing with the little bumps in their lives, no investment.

Still, I prefer that to the alternative (aka being witha dead wood man-child) anyday.
littleblackheart is offline   Reply With Quote