How should I take her letting me back into her childs life?

jerrygordon3

So the GF and I met september 2014, and dated for a year. after 8 months i met her kid. I loved her kid but things got really rocky and come august about 11 months after dating she stopped letting me see her kid. September 2015 we broke up.

her kid has had her grandpa from both sides leave her. and her dad abandoned her too for the most part.

in the beginning of november 2015 the gF and I got back together but she was really distant and didn't want to see me exclusively and kept sort of dating around lightly. We started getting serious again about two months ago though, and today she let me see her daughter at starbucks.. It's the first time in 6 months that I've seen her kid whom Im crazy about.

She is a really good mom these days and spends every night at home with her kid which is hard... and today when we met up she said her kid just thinks we are friends... which I KIND OF TOOK if someone is like " i love you, but I tell everyone that".. like heres my kid again, but it's not a big deal cause we are just friends? or am I reading into this.. It was a huge sign that things are moving forward for ME, but does that mean its a big sign of us moving forward for HER ( GF)?

Her child is 5 years old. Pretty young and impressionable and has said things like " Jerry isn't my new daddy is he? My daddy is still Danny right?" I can understand how the protective measure of "just friends" is important, but it's still a huge deal that Im seeing her kid again right?

Edited by jerrygordon3
dates

You would know how your girlfriend feels about having men around her kid - and there you will find your answer.

There's no general rule because some mothers are very cautious and others let their kids bond with all and sundry who they bring home - and all levels in between.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm the only guy who's ever met her kid

Maybe she's being cautious in case things don't work out again. She sounds kind of flighty with your relationship. You two might want to make sure it is serious before getting the child's hopes up again.

I know if I ever dated someone else they aren't around my kid for at least after 6 months of dating. That's me. I know my ex's sister (who I used to be close to until she married her douche husband) met her husband and let him around her kids within a week after dating him. Within a month they were engaged and less than a year later they got married. So some women let guys in quick and some don't. I'd rather be safe than sorry introducing my kid to a guy though.

Yes her daughter knows you but it's probably confusing for a kid that young too.

• Like 1