When you visit your kids.

When you visit your kids where do you sleep?

In their house?

At a hotel?

My daughter just moved in with her boyfriend and a roommate. They have an apartment. Since she is still in college I am paying for the place, well hre share.

She said last year my husband and I didn't visit her and she wants us to visit. She said we should stay with her. But it is a 2 bedroom, both rooms occupied.

So we would either be in the living room or using her bed. I don't know it feels weird to me.

What are your thoughts. One of the reasons we didn't go that much is because the hotel are pricy. The first year she was at college. We didn't pay under $200 per night once.

It is to far away to drive up and down in one. You can but it over 6 hours.

When my parents visited in college, they stayed in a hotel but I lived in a sorority house.

After that they stayed in a guest room. The exception being when I had shares in a variety of beach houses. On the weekends, if they came down, they would stay in a hotel because the other share mates were there. During the week when the house was empty they would stay in my room (I wasn't there either) If i was, I slept in a friend's bed on my sheets.

Would one night in a living room be so bad?

You have 3 options.

The living room.

The expensive hotel.

Or you could not go.

Rank these in your mind as worst case scenario to best case and see what you end up with.

• Like 1

So we would either be in the living room or using her bed. I don't know it feels weird to me.

This is what my parents did when we had our first one bedroom apt and they visited.

What about coming with one of those inflatable mattresses ?

You should go, since you are paying for the place.

in your scenario , go visit at her place. Waking up in the morning, going out or making memories seem to go hand in hand.

If though you prefer privacy during part of the visit, a hotel would suffice...