Job - Leave Now or Later?

optomistic_nonsense

optomistic_nonsense

Hi all. Thanks for taking the time to read and advise I’m basically looking for a non-biased point of view here,as I am to a point where I feel my judgment may be a bit clouded by my ownemotions right now.

I am a 30 year old mother of one (a 5 year old son) with asecond one the way (due in Sept). I’ve been working at the same company for thepast 8 years, working 40-45 hours a week. My husband also works a full-timejob. I have made the decision to obtain my real estate license. I finished myschooling and am due to take my state exam for licensing in a couple weeks

My husband and I have already come to the agreement that oncethe baby is here – no more of what I’m currently doing (hence the reason why Iam getting my real estate license NOW). Child care costs, especially fornewborns are absolutely outrageous, and with our son, not only did the childcare costs kill us financially, but I was left with someone else more or lessraising my child. No thank you. I refuse to do that again.

The issue in question in this: do I leave now or later?

The decision to leave my current job is already a done-deal(mentally). I would prefer to leave at the end of May, that way come summertime when school lets out, we won’t have to worry about child care for our 5year old again and constantly stressing over our work schedules to make sure he’spicked up on time, etc. If not May, it’d be in Sept/Oct when the baby is here

Does it seem foolish to leave my job now, or do I suck it upand deal with it until Sept/Oct? I don’t dislike my job, but I am definitely “overit”. I think because I have my mind set on leaving, I want to leave NOW ratherthan LATER. I handle pregnancy well, and would even go back to waitressing onthe side while pregnant, I’ve done it before and LOVED it. It would give me theflexibility I so desperately want. It’s letting go of the financial consistencymy current job provides (knowing what money will be coming in every other week)that is making the decision that much more difficult.

Do I risk it, quit to waitress for a while and take up thereal estate industry, or hang tight until the baby arrives?

Don't waitress pregnant.

Keep your job. Given them as much notice as possible. Sock away as much money as possible.

Take off when the baby is due & tell them you aren't coming back.

Meanwhile read up on networking, marketing etc. so you will know how to build your real estate business.