Supervised Visitation question

nlynnc

Hi, has anyone had supervised visitation for their child/children with the other parent? If so, what were the reasons why the courts did supervised?

Lernaean_Hydra

Well I'm not a parent but a child of divorce in which supervised visitation was eventually ordered. It was done so because my father was verbally and physically abusive toward my mother (oftentimes within my view and hearing) and the judge (and the mediator and my mother as well as myself) felt uncomfortable with unsupervised visitation for a period of time.

I'm not a parent but I see depositions about it from time to time. It can be because he's been known to drink too much or drink and then drive the kid somewhere. It can be because he's violent or suspected of sexual abuse. It can be drug abuse. Maybe he's an addict or even a pot smoker, and he's been known to use around the child or get too messed up to watch the child.

It is never for NO reason and it's always for a bad reason, so if you are thinking of becoming involved with someone on supervised visitation, do yourself a favor and think again. Of course, people on supervised will always lie and say the accusations aren't true, so be prepared for that.

• Like 1

My parents had to have supervised visits with me for a period of time as there was a CPS issue, so the court mandated supervised visits for a short period of time.

Supervised visitation is most often required when one parent presents a potential danger to the child due to past substance abuse or allegations of physical / sexual abuse / neglect.

My ex was supervised with our son due to an assault on my other son by the ex. The dumb court's ordered his sister to supervise, despite my protests. (She is a Meth addict.)

still_an_Angel

1. substance abuse and parent undergoing court-mandated programmes, child/children uplifted from parents' care

2. domestic violence cases, child/children under temporary care of other family members

3. gang-affiliation and parent being involved in drug busts, etc. child/children uplifted from parents' care

4. parent has pending court case of child molestation, abuse, neglect, assault, etc

5. parent has lost custody of older children and newborn automatically uplifted from parent's care

6. parent under mental health act