Christmas for baby girl?

Rude boy

I have a little girl who was born in April (as some of you know) and I'm trying to figure out what to get her for Christmas... She was premature so she's a little weaker than most girls her age. She's good with her hands, but her lower body doesn't have as much strength. She's really quiet, but she has a lot of spirit in her eyes. She's not into loud toys, she's more attracted to soft sounds and lowered voices.

I'm trying to figure out what to get her for Christmas and I was wondering if anyone had some ideas on good gifts

todreaminblue
I have a little girl who was born in April (as some of you know) and I'm trying to figure out what to get her for Christmas... She was premature so she's a little weaker than most girls her age. She's good with her hands, but her lower body doesn't have as much strength. She's really quiet, but she has a lot of spirit in her eyes. She's not into loud toys, she's more attracted to soft sounds and lowered voices.

I'm trying to figure out what to get her for Christmas and I was wondering if anyone had some ideas on good gifts

a musical thingie(forgotten the name) that you attach to the cot.....some have soft light they throw at the ceiling like stars going around and soft harmonious music like lullabys..or find a song that makes you think of her and sing that while the stars on the ceiling adn the lullaby softly playing.....thats a gift for you to experience....really....

....you could even stand by the cot for five minutes when she goes down and hum along so your voice intermingles with the harmony....and she associates warmth and your love for her just before she sleeps at night...theres this new rocker too....that has ocean sounds and movement attached to it........whispering waves and soothing sounds seven settings i think......as it has motion like a car .....or a boat.....and that movement can settle babies so quickly.....

i have always been able to rock babies to sleep......myself......i used to love to do it.....i would just rock them in my arms with them close to my body and softly hum and they drift off peacefully......i would get in trouble from my partner because i would often be doing this long past the time they fell asleep...not wanting to put them down in the cot...i would hold on and keep rocking......made up for the babies i lost i think.....i was just so happy....i had the babies in my arms.........

or a swaddling blanket a really soft one....that feels warm and comforting......

congrats on your baby girl....best wishes......i hope you find the perfect gift..honestly babies just need you and mum close....gifts....they dont know what they are...:0)....good luck......deb

My girl was born in April. I've recently put together a bag of balls... From a large inflatable ball, to airflow golf balls, sensory balls and soft rubber balls. Great developmental toys.

Stacking cubes with different textures are good. Wooden shape sorters. Books, both picture books to look at together, and story books you can read that she can enjoy now and when she's much older.

• Like 2
She was premature so she's a little weaker than most girls her age. She's good with her hands, but her lower body doesn't have as much strength.

Does she already have a 'baby walker'? Or some pushcart-thing, or stroller for her dolls, or sit-on-bouncy-ball-thing that will help to strengthen her lower body? IMO, the best thing parents can do is hold a high vision for their children, and try to nurture and inspire that vision. (Not force or expect...but I'm taking it that you knew what I meant :).)

Personally, I like toys that are labelled about 6 to 12 months beyond a child's chronological age. If nothing else, just to make sure that I (and the toy manufacturers) are not limiting any natural (human) tendency towards learning that the (child) psychologists and behaviourists have not yet uncovered/revealed.

Wishing you and yours much joy through this Holiday Season...and, for your daughter, the first of many happy such ones :love:

• Like 1

Stuffed animals, a musical box that has lights in it (cozy for her at night time, with a musical lullaby) little girl dresses, ceiling mobile she can look at.

She sounds adorable! Ahh, your first Christmas as a daddy!! :)

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks for the ideas, I didn't think about a walker thing. I'm thinking about books. I just love reading to her before bed.:love:

She's so sweet. She is very loving and always pretty happy. I couldn't have gotten luckier. I admit I spoil her out of guilt a lot... I couldn't imagine life without her.

• Like 1

I would have said a jumperoo or tummy time mat but you said her back isn't too strong. Vetec make some good toys but they're all noisy and annoying even for the parents.

Maybe some black, white and red toys, I thing the brand is called Lamaze. Baby's like them the toys make noise because they have paper inside but it's not loud or flashing annoying lights in her face.

I'm thinking about books. I just love reading to her before bed.:love:

Oh...books for sure!!! :)

It may be too late to get stuff delivered by Santa, but this site has amazing good book deals. I've used them quite a bit and never had any problems of any kind. And...who doesn't love getting a box full of (grown-ups') books for $25? (plus shipping, but still.)