Blocking child's father from my social media?

sunshine0274

My daughters father left us for another woman a month ago and has asked to see our little girl, 5 months old, only twice, not showing up the last time he was supposed to watch her. While he says he loves his daughter and wants a relationship with her, he has been an absentee father- did not respond when she was in the emergency room sick, does not ask about her, etc.

This other woman and her kids consume his life it seems and he is telling people I got pregnant on purpose to trap him. My solution? The so-called "trap"- his daughter, doesn't need him.

I still have him as part of my Facebook, as I know this is his way of seeing updates on her, etc. But, I am considering blocking him. If he wants to know about her and what she is up to, he can step up and call. It doesn't seem to bother him that there are all these fun adventures that she and I go on and he is not a part of it.

So, my question is this...I have never wanted to keep him from her, but would blocking him completely and moving on at this point be the best thing? He leaves for another country for work in 2 months and is pissing away his time that he could be spending with her.

You can make Facebook private so that nobody other than your friends can see your updates etc. That way you could defriend your ex without having to go to the extreme of blocking him. It's your Facebook page, after all, and there's nothing at all wrong with not wanting your ex to see it.

I would, however, offer him an alternative methods of staying in touch. Your daughter's obviously too young to be able to communicate with him over the phone, social media etc. You don't sound at all like somebody who's going to be unreasonable about this. I think you come across as sensible and aware of both your ex's and your daughter's rights in relation to contact...but obviously if he's going to be working in another country, that will present major problems regarding face to face contact.

When it comes to making plans for contact, as long as you let yourself be guided by your daughter's best interests rather than being influenced by problematic communication between you and your ex, I'm sure you'll make the correct decisions.

• Like 1

He knows how to get in real-life touch with you and your daughter.

He may be legally in your life due to his parental rights and responsibilities but, socially, he's out of your life so let that reality guide your decisions.

Best wishes to you and your daughter during this holiday season!

• Like 1

Facebook is a social outlet for you and who you choose to share with, you have no legal responsibility to allow him to see your page.

That said, I agree with taramere, simply make your page private and remove him as a friend, no need to block. Also as carhill states, he knows exactly how to contact you to see and spend time with his daughter if he so chooses.

Facebook is a social outlet for you and who you choose to share with, you have no legal responsibility to allow him to see your page.

That said, I agree with taramere, simply make your page private and remove him as a friend, no need to block. Also as carhill states, he knows exactly how to contact you to see and spend time with his daughter if he so chooses.

Yeah. I agree with both you and Carhill that it's really up to him to make contact. The main reason I mention perhaps being a bit proactive in offering him a channel of communication is in case at a future date he starts getting bolshy about contact and tries to argue that sunshine denied him contact.

If she can easily pull out an email showing that she made an offer to update him, it'll just make it that bit more simple and straightforward to deal with any allegations like that.

DaisyLeigh1967

Block him. Give him an email where he can inquire about his child. Send him an email from time to time.

He is an *******.

File for custody and child support.

• Like 1