My boss is 6 months pregnant.. Her husband has cancer

crackerjax9

crackerjax9

Yep, you read that correctly. Absolutely heartbreaking. Both are in their early 30s. I've dealt with cancer before and my best friend passed away so I can relate to most of what she's feelig. Anyway, I want to make her or her and her husband feel good everyday for as long as I can. My goal is to help her relieve her stress and for her to have a perfectly healthy baby, even though it's the most heart wrenching circumstances. I know "I'm sorry" and asking if there's anything I can do doesn't help.Any ideas? Again, I want to make her happy has much as possible, so any single idea helps. Every idea helps. I appreciate any thoughts or comments.

Thank you.

Smilecharmer

This is heartbreaking. The best thing to do is get out your calendar with her and ask what she needs. Offer to grocery shop, pet care, drive them to doctors appts., make healthy dishes that are easy to reheat or serve. You are a good friend.

• Like 3

Is it a first baby? If not, offer to mind any other children so she can visit him on her own when he's in hospital.

Very, very sad yr boss has to go through this!!

My ex-hubby had cancer aged 31, he was given a 20% chance of surviving beyond 5years, our kids were 7, 4 and 18months old. He had complications following surgery and was given a 20% chance of surviving that too. It was an awful, heart wrenching year or 3. I wish I had a friend like you back then. My sister-in-law was supposed to be helping out with our kids, but ended up leaving her kids with me too while she carried on an affair with my best friends boyfriend!! So my husband was in a coma and I was dealing with 6 children and 2 betrayed partners...not fun.

Anyway, the ex-hubby is still alive and in fine physical health. I've not spoken to my ex-sister-in-law since then. The affair split both couples.

With your help, I'm sure yr boss will fare much better than I did during such an emotional time. All the best.

• Like 1
whichwayisup
Yep, you read that correctly. Absolutely heartbreaking. Both are in their early 30s. I've dealt with cancer before and my best friend passed away so I can relate to most of what she's feelig. Anyway, I want to make her or her and her husband feel good everyday for as long as I can. My goal is to help her relieve her stress and for her to have a perfectly healthy baby, even though it's the most heart wrenching circumstances. I know "I'm sorry" and asking if there's anything I can do doesn't help.Any ideas? Again, I want to make her happy has much as possible, so any single idea helps. Every idea helps. I appreciate any thoughts or comments.

Thank you.

Make meals. Organize with her friends, neighbours and a few family members to do a meal plan, each day a person drops off food daily just to help out them out.

On a personal level, how close are you with your boss? Are you friendly outside of work? just be there for her in case she needs to talk, and if she at work try to keep the humour going. She won't want to remember and talk about it all the time, work is a safe haven and a place for her to try to keep busy and not think about stuff that is upsetting.

• Like 1