Lost a baby

I left my husband 3 months ago and moved in with my new boyfriend. Since then I lost my cousin to suicide, got injured at work, and am dealing with a lot of opposition from family and friends.

Amidst all this, I had a miscarriage over the weekend. I wasn't sure that I was pregnant but my period was super late. Last week I started spotting so I assumed it was my period showing up and I was relieved. Then after a few days I noticed my flow was getting heavier. I started having really bad pelvic and back cramps.

The next morning I had intense bleeding and cramping and passed a large fleshy clot in the bathroom at a graduation party. I was in such shock and I knew someone was waiting to use the bathroom so I only had a few seconds to hold it and look at it...then flush it down the toilet.

After googling my symptoms, looking at early embryos and taking a home test, it's pretty clear that I miscarried.

I don't want to go to the doctor I'm still on my former husband's health plan. While he told me I can use the insurance and HSA, he need receipts if I use the card and he'll get an EOB seeing what provider I went to. I can't pay for the visit out of my own pocket either because I'm out of work!

What's odd is that I know I can't take care of a child right now. The logical part of me feels relieved that the pregnancy ended. But I can't help but feel so sad. I cried so hard yesterday. I'm beside myself that I was pregnant in the first place. I'm floored that I held my dead child in my hand for a brief moment before I knew what it was.

The timing wasn't right. I won't be ready to be a mom for a while, I'm sure. But still, I'm grieving.

amaysngrace

I'm sorry for your loss.

I'd get checked if I were you. You may need a d and c.

• Like 3

So sorry that you are going through all this right now. Do you have someone you can talk to? Last year was a rough year for us as well. My MIL died late spring of last year and I lost my job and beloved cat 3 days apart right before Christmas. It was a terrible time. Positive thoughts for you!

• Like 1
Candy_Pants

I'm so sorry :(. Go get checked out. Maybe consider looking for free grief counseling. It's a lot to take on alone and you can get help.

• Like 3

So sorry for your loss. I do think you need to see a doctor and will probably need a d and c. I don't think they have to say on a receipt what the medical procedure is for do they? I think it is written in code for the insurance company. Your future health is more important than what your ex husband thinks anyway.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks everyone. I'm deciding whether I want to be seen by a doctor. I have a lot of support in my life and I'm grateful.

• Like 2
amaysngrace
Thanks everyone. I'm deciding whether I want to be seen by a doctor. I have a lot of support in my life and I'm grateful.

I'm glad you have a support system but you really should go see a doctor.

• Like 2

I am sorry for your loss, and hope you can move past this.

Please see a doctor, and sort out birth control.

You just left your husband, and are living with a guy that you've only been with for a few weeks - the last thing you need is to fall pregnant, and have to deal with either having a baby or terminating the pregnancy etc. You are not ready to have a child as you said, so be a responsible adult and take the necessary precautions please.

Take care of yourself, and sorry to hear about your struggles.

• Like 2

This is a serious issue......

Don't let fear stop you from checking your health

I am not an expert, but you should check yourself, for your own safety.

You know sometimes, you have a headache, you go online and they say it's a cancer..

I am against your decision to not check what's happening at the doctor. This is a serious matter. Who knows you might still be pregnant, I don't want to give you false hopes, but you should check

I am sorry for what happened to you, take care...

Edited by Noproblem
  • Like 1