Some people don't deserve to be parents

dragon_fly_7

dragon_fly_7

On another forum, I happened to stumbled upon this link someone else posted. I considered this straight forward child abuse. Shouldn't this man already be put in jail???

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...udl733qYvGp94T

God, if my father had done this I would completely resent him for endless years and if I were in my teens, I would have reported him. How can you hit in anger with a wire cable and say the F word in the process?? Would this man had done this if it were a 6'2 son that's 15-17 years old (I knew certain guys in my HS that were already that tall at those ages)???

I think if any parent feels that they have to whip a child even during his/her HS years in order to turn them someone good then there is already something wrong and their parenting skills has been ineffective for years.

Edited by dragon_fly_7

He should be in jail. That's just horrible.

That poor girl. :(

I'll go even further than you, and say that if a parent has to even spank a child, their parenting skills suck. There are so many more effective ways to TEACH a child, and that's really what parenting is - teaching. Not bending them to your will; not making them fear you.

All hitting does is make them stop the behavior out of fear. You want them to stop the behavior because they realize it is wrong or the potential consequences aren't worth it.

• Like 5
  • Author
dragon_fly_7

It's sad how some people on the site think getting beaten by an extension cord will magically turn you into a much better person or a professional. I can't really see how does getting hit like that = turning out great.

Edited by dragon_fly_7

I was raised like that endorsed by the Bible. It was a belt so I guess that's not as bad as a cord.

It's sad how some people on the site think getting beaten by an extension cord will magically turn you into a much better person or a professional. I can't really see how does getting hit like that = turning out great.

I am surprised so many of the comments support what he did.

What's even more unfortunate is that the children of abuse will more often than not, abuse their children the same way or worse because they "turned out okay".

• Like 3

So..... Why is this video publicly accessible and the guy is not in jail?

What an *******!

That's worse than anything I've ever seen and I'm in tears.

Is this legal?

divinegrace

Omg. I feel sick. This man doesn't know what discipline is. He is reacting out of anger, rage, and in a way that doesn't "teach" his child anything more that fear.

This is abuse.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

why are you all SO shocked?

because you watched it???

yeah. what he done was disgusting and in my opinion he should have it done to him 10fold.

We ALL agree it`s abuse!!

but it`s going on all around you, every day, every second

most of the time, WORSE...than in that clip

you know what`s worse?

everyone that watches that video

and replies on it

will have FORGOTTEN about it by tomorrow

until they come back to reply

ouroborus

aM

Edited by aMguilts
  • Like 1

So few parents know the true definition of discipline and nurturing. No where in either of those word definition is punishment or ignorance. Logically most folks can only "teach/discipline/guide" with the knowledge and experience from those who reared them. Ask a bible thumping baptist and they are devout in instilling "spare the rod spoil the child". I often tell them that jesus said ....love one another as i have loved you... Never read where jesus stoned or flogged a person. Anyways thats beside the point. Some of us who care about children do know of the atrocities, unfortunately parents who abuse have a poor mindset and blast back with you can't tell me how to raise my child! Problem is they aren't raising them, they are crushing them in spirit.....

I've yet to read any scientific data that says abuse made that person a well rounded and compassionate individual. Until after they went thru counseling and learned how to re-discipline themselves in a loving manner.

• 2 weeks later...
littleplanet

Okay. I hope all the commentors condemning this father have raised kids to adulthood. Their life experience will qualify them to judge.

My son was spanked once, when he was 5, and for a legitimate reason. It was delivered in passionate anger, not cold deliberation.

He was raised to be fearless, to speak up and say what was on his mind.

(This caused a few difficulties throughout school with teachers -but he ws always a straight A student)

From the age of 13 on, once he started high school, we had exactly one argument. It lasted all of 3 minutes.

My point being - I'm not exactly in great favor of corporal punishment.

But kids can at times be little shytes.....and parents will occasionally lose their cool.

What the hell exactly is "twerking", anyway?

I got the feeling from watching the video, that what I was seeing was a cultural moment. In some cultures, certain kinds of behaviors are strictly taboo. And children in those cultures are raised to know where their boundaries are.

Does that mean I agree with those rules?

Not necessarily.

In my city, certain ethnicities will still return their daughters to homelands, in order to facilitate the cultural practice of female genital mutilation. The homeland is returned to because it is illegal here. And for good reason.

In my city, honor killings still happen. There is no honor in these killings. People are still charged with murder - although their cultural 'norms' forgive them - the state doesn't.

I don't know if I could comment on this, if I still lived in a state that allows capital punishment - knowing that some prisoners who are put to death are actually innocent. There have been many documented cases of death row inmates exonerated by DNA testing.

And yeah. I recieved my fair share of corporal punishment as a kid. Did I grow up to be a monster? Hardly.

I grew up to be an advocate for fair treatment of kids.

The point is - I'm not advocating any notion of tolerance for big people beating up little people.

But I will never advocate zero tolerance either. Our society practices zero tolerance on childrean all the time - and uses these damned rules to abuse kids.

How ridiculously hypocritical is that?

And finally: kids need adults to behave in an adult manner. Because they aren't adults. They didn't create our world, don't run it or have any control over it - and they sure as hell need adults to know what they're doing. They depend on it.