Mother Of The Year

pureinheart

pureinheart

I love this video and actually did this, but not as good as this mother did!

• Like 1

Saw this video and simply will say....REALLY?? Golly its a pity on so many levels.

Thank you for posting it, yet I'd like to have faith in mankind..and this didnt do that...

• Author
pureinheart
Saw this video and simply will say....REALLY?? Golly its a pity on so many levels.

Thank you for posting it, yet I'd like to have faith in mankind..and this didnt do that...

I suppose it's a matter of opinion and what issues parents face with young teens/pre-teens.

For me, I was on a first name basis with the school principle …it got real old and when nothing else works possibly drastic measures are in order. FB didn't exist when my kids were growing up, but I did go to school with my daughter and can't remember the circumstances, but did do this with one class and that's all it took.

The area that I live in has turned REALLY bad over the years, as an example, just to go to the store you have to be ready to fight just to defend yourself (not kidding). Having to deal with these kids cursing me, threatening constantly it's nice to see a parent involved…it certainly doesn't happen where I live. It's really bad.

• 2 weeks later...
DaisyLeigh1967

I have threatened to do that to my oldest, and would do it in a NY minute. You are damned right, if I have to disrupt my busy day to come deal with a child acting like they have no "raising", I will be coming to school to sit with the child the next day, if allowed to do so. And my son's school is all for it.

You cannot win, as a parent these days. If she had spanked the girl, folks would be whining about child abuse and if she did nothing, and the girl continued to act up, the same folks would be whining about how the mother is a bad parent.

Teachers and other staff are not paid to put up with disrespect, cussing and throwing a temper tantrum. Other students don't deserve to be disturbed and robbed of their learning education by an unruly student. And there are way too many parents who either don't care, or who think that their child is perfect.

Maybe if more parents did what this mom did, more kids would realize that they are not the the center of the damn world, like society has made them think. When I graduated from high school, in 1985, things were not perfect. But you did not see the blatant disrespect and entitlement minded BS that you see now. My parents did not tolerate that crap from anyone, much less a kid. I would have had my ass grounded for a year if I acted up in school and maybe worse.

• Like 2

Well, it is important to keep in mind that kids act out for a reason. Yes, some may simply be spoiled, but others are probably going through a lot of things that their teenage brain can't handle. Public shaming might control their external behavior, but probably doesn't improve their psychological health. I would always choose the talking with your kids to figure out what the problem is before taking such drastic measures. Social shaming is a very traumatizing event even if it's done with good intentions.

I remember the feeling of calm I had the first time I got my ass kicked for bad behavior. Laying there on the floor happy on some level that my manipulation and nonsense didn't work for once. It's a scary thing as a child when your stubborn and aggressive and can bully your parents around because they're supposed to do nothing but validate your feelings.

Actually thought that mom was a little sexy. :o

DaisyLeigh1967
Well, it is important to keep in mind that kids act out for a reason. Yes, some may simply be spoiled, but others are probably going through a lot of things that their teenage brain can't handle. Public shaming might control their external behavior, but probably doesn't improve their psychological health. I would always choose the talking with your kids to figure out what the problem is before taking such drastic measures. Social shaming is a very traumatizing event even if it's done with good intentions.

You assume that parents in these situations have not tried anything else.