Message for those with no father on Father's Day

lexnmike4enomore

lexnmike4enomore

Just wanted to say something for the people who don't have fathers. My father died last September and this was my first Father's Day without him. I never realized how nice this day was for all the fathers until you realize that your not going to celebrate it again with yours. I'm only 20 so this is a hard concept to grasp. Well, HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL WITH NO FATHERS!

My heart goes out to you. I lost my father when I was 20 also. It was one of the most traumatic times in my life. I wish I could tell you that Father's Days get easier, but they don't. It's been over 20 years for me and I still get depressed on Father's Day. I miss him so much.

I was trying to think of something I could do on Father's Day to honor him. He's buried several states from me, so I can't visit his grave. I put out an 8x10 picture of him in his Navy uniform with a candle on each side and said a prayer, hoping that he hears me. He's always in my heart.

I keep several picture of my dad around my house because my son never got to meet or know him, but I want him to know he had a grandpa who was very special. It's ironic that now my son is joining the Navy himself.

Take care of yourself and give yourself time to mourn. But always remember him in little ways, pictures, talking about him. He's in your heart and always will be.

Thank you for your post.