How Rude

My "Sister in Law" greg's Sister just called me and basically said " We invited You and Greg over to the condo for New Years eve, but I decided that you will have to rent your own because my brother never splits any bills with me and I am not going to be stuck paying for it, the price is $600 a night and the condo's are booked so maby you should call and put yourself on a waiting list"

OMG there parents own the condo, why is she trying to make money off us! I wasn't even aware we we're invited and I don't even want to go

in the 1st place. So I just told her that we didn't even want to be around kid's on New Years eve so we won't be attending any parties that children will be present because this is our party night and we won't have our own kids.

So I guess that was her way of "disinviting" us What a B**CH

ew!

i can't stand people like that.

and you definitely don't need that kind of stress or annoyance right now!

hope the baby's bouncy! (well, no, actually, i hope she's calm and you're getting some sleep!!!)

This is definitely rude !!. Trust me you would be better off without spending your New year Eve with ppl like this, even if it is for free don't spend it with them.

laRubiaBonita

you should have said "we are going out with FRIENDS!, sorry, but you will have pay full price for your expenses."

HokeyReligions

My mouth would have got the better of me I'm afraid. I would have said something like "Oh, sweetie! We got our invite ages ago and were told that everything was already taken care of! Now there's a LIST and you are CHARGING people?!" And let her fume about it and frantically make some phone calls! Or said something like "OH! I'm SOOO glad you told me! Of course we'll be there -- can you get our names on the list and give them a deposit for us now and we'll come over in the morning and reimburse you first thing -- I just can't leave the baby right now"

And then gone about my own business making my own plans and laughing!

Back in highschool I was part of a small group of friends (3 guys, 3 girls but none of us bf/gf & some of us were closer than others) and where one went we all went. One of the girls and I didn't get along that great, but I was part of the group that was invited to her parents lake house for boating and waterskiing the summer before. When her birthday came up she told the other girl in the group and two of the guys in the group about having the same birthday party at the lake. They assumed that she meant ALL of us -- so Renee and David came over to my house and was telling me about it and planning it & we were going to Joe's house the next day to tell him (glad we didn't now). Renee and David came over again the next day and I had never seen them so stressed and anxious -- because Pat (the bd girl) called them the night before in a panic to tell them NOT to invite me or Joe.

I didn't really care as Pat and I weren't close -- we just had Renee & David in common -- and I went out and bought her a pair of birthstone earrings and the sappiest card you can imagine and I wrote in the sappiest Happy Birthday greeting I could think of and asked them to give it to Pat when they were out on the boat. They said she felt so bad that she cried. I had a good laugh about it. Renee & David said they were not going to go if I didn't because they thought that was pretty crappy of her to do, but I convinced them to go when I told them about my gift/card idea! We weren't much of a clique after that, but I always made sure to invite Pat to everything and she always declined after that!

Toot! Toot! (the sound of my own horn) the reason Pat didn't want me out there is because I was more popular than her at the time. Joe is handicapped and that bothered her. I didn't have to have a lake house and boat to get my friends together --- I initiated "cemetery surfing" and we used to 'haunt' old cemeteries reading the tombstones for something to do and it became a passion for us! Pat never got into it!

HokeyReligions

I don't know whats going on lately -- I saw Quank posted four times on one thread and my post repeated three times here ???

HokeyReligions

I don't know whats going on lately -- I saw Quank posted four times on one thread and my post repeated three times here ???