LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Family

My sister want to be best friends with my new mother-in-law

Family Parents too demanding? Sibling driving you mad? Tell us!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th November 2017, 6:27 PM   #16
Established Member

This is grade school stuff. You are not the friendship monitor. People can be friends with whomever they want. Its not your call. Sounds like you have enough on your plate trying to figure out why you have such disfunctional relationships with people.
Whodatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2017, 6:31 PM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine17 View Post
About getting to know people over time, I was referring to that as opposed to my sister spending an hour on her first phone call to my now mother un law. We had only known each other 6 months at that time. Aren't you being a bit rushed to judgement to be questioning my sanity befire even reading my respinsed to your questions for clarification? I wrote thus post for help and support. Nit to immediately be called crazy. My post was already long and it's difficult to include everything at once.
Guess what? Your mother in law also spent an hour on the phone with your sister. Apparently she enjoyed talking to her, no one has to talk to anyone on the phone. You are allowed to say, gotta go, goodbye. Apparently she didnt. And they are now friends. You do indeed sound paranoid.
Whodatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2017, 6:40 PM   #18
Established Member

OP, I'm wondering if you also might have borderline personality disorder like your sister does? This whole thread is coming off like that.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote