LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Familial > Family

I was recently invited to a baby shower by an aunt :(

Family Parents too demanding? Sibling driving you mad? Tell us!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By dogloverof2
  • 3 Post By amaysngrace
  • 1 Post By dogloverof2
  • 3 Post By Elswyth

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th September 2017, 12:20 PM   #1
Established Member

I was recently invited to a baby shower by an aunt :(

I was recently invited to a baby shower by an aunt that is related to me by marriage. She has several kids and they are having kids of their own so the shower is for one of her daughter in laws.
I really have no interest in going cause I don't really know the girl and baby showers kinds bother me cause having grandkids is something I have always wanted but doubt I ever will. I have one son and he has no interests in starting a family or even marriage. He loves to travel and likes being a single guy.

It hurts my heart but I have accepted it cause I want my son happy and want for him, what he wants.

How do I gracefully get out of this shower without feeling guilty...
thanks
dogloverof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 12:24 PM   #2
Established Member

Just say you won't be attending. People don't care why you aren't able to make as long as you RSVP one way or the other.
Old 14th September 2017, 12:26 PM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaysngrace View Post
Just say you won't be attending. People don't care why you aren't able to make as long as you RSVP one way or the other.
Thanks. I get that.... I just sometimes feel like I need to explain my reason. But I know it's really not necessary.
dogloverof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 12:38 PM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogloverof2 View Post
Thanks. I get that.... I just sometimes feel like I need to explain my reason.
Of course you don't have to, especially if it's an aunt-in-law! In fact, explaining yourself would be rather inappropriate and TMI when the person isn't close to you, IMO.
Old 14th September 2017, 5:19 PM   #5
Established Member

Politely decline. Send a nice gift. Nothing to feel guilty about. I hate baby showers. I never go. Do not explain; it's none of their business. If asked say you have other plans. It doesn't matter if your alternative plan is to sleep, watch grass grow or watch paint dry. You have plans to do something / anything that is not attend this shower.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote