My mom is so closed minded?

LotusAvx

She has always been like this - part of the reason I think is because she didn't experience what it's like to be young and have a social life. I am 22 and a very responsible adult. Every time I go out with friends, she tells me I am an alcoholic and how even drinking socially and moderately is harmful. If she asks where I went and I say I went to have some drinks at the bar with friends, she things this is so sinister and will lead to horrible things. It's like she doesn't trust me and she thinks that I am the only person in their 20s who goes out with friends. Like I said, I think that she doesn't understand these things because she never experienced it. It's extremely frustrating to have to explain myself and say that I am responsible and not getting into trouble. I have a feeling of resentment towards her for not trusting me as an adult and treating me like a child. Luckily, I am moving out in a month so I won't have to be accused of these absurd things just for living my life. I don't know how to talk to her about this. And my friends parents aren't like this at all. It's like she is so closed minded and makes it so difficult to have a normal relationship with her!

Once you move out, things will be better. Don't talk to her about what you do when you go out. I'm not saying lie; I am saying pick a different topic.