I.got nothing for my birthday!

livinglife2019

livinglife2019

My birthday, was 2 weeks ago.

Now I dont mean or want to come across as a spoiled brat. I spent my birthday with a guy im dating in a different country. I had a really nice time and I had a nice day for my birthday. Before I left my family agreed that we'd all go out for drinks and dinner when I got back to celebrate. Besides a call on the day to wish me a happy birthday, no one in my family got me a card or present or even mnentioned going out and it has upset me. I still live at home so its not like they havent seen me. Before I left my mother said she'd get me card and gift when I got back, I dont care about the gifts but a card would been nice. She habe never not got anyone a gift or card before and it really upsets me.

Has anyone any advice on how I can stop feeling like this?

I think you need to tell your mom that your feelings are hurt. If they work to make it better, try to be gracious & forgive them. My mom forgot my birthday once. It really sucks.

Sounds like your mom was looking for a good excuse not to do the birthday. Does she have financial problems making it hard for her to spend money on it? If not, it was terribly inconsiderate. And if so, she still should have tried to do something special and spent time with you.