Cheating mother and lying dad

Betty21097

My mother and step dad had decided to split up at Christmas. At first I wanted to know what was happening, but now I am at the point where I don't care anymore. It seems like no matter who I talk to there is a different side of the story.

They have been together since I was 2 years old and he's the only person I know as a dad.

My mother called me up and told me over the phone that my dad had accused her of having an affair. This made me mad and upset to think that he had said that. Mum reassured me that she would never do that.

A month later when I was visiting my nan, my mum told me that she had an affair and is seeing someone. The guy is someone I make coffee for at work, so now I don't want to be doing that anymore.

My dad seems to twist the truth when he spoke to me about what my mum had done.

Why do my parents feel like they have to lie to me? I'm 20 years old and l can handle whatever they tell me.

To make it worse both of my parents don't talk to me. I have to send my mum at least 4/5 messages and call her 6 times before she will answer me. She is always spending her time with her boyfriend...

Sometimes I feel like I'm better off without them. What should I do?

My mother and step dad had decided to split up at Christmas. At first I wanted to know what was happening, but now I am at the point where I don't care anymore. It seems like no matter who I talk to there is a different side of the story.

They have been together since I was 2 years old and he's the only person I know as a dad.

My mother called me up and told me over the phone that my dad had accused her of having an affair. This made me mad and upset to think that he had said that. Mum reassured me that she would never do that.

A month later when I was visiting my nan, my mum told me that she had an affair and is seeing someone. The guy is someone I make coffee for at work, so now I don't want to be doing that anymore.

My dad seems to twist the truth when he spoke to me about what my mum had done.

Why do my parents feel like they have to lie to me? I'm 20 years old and l can handle whatever they tell me.

To make it worse both of my parents don't talk to me. I have to send my mum at least 4/5 messages and call her 6 times before she will answer me. She is always spending her time with her boyfriend...

Sometimes I feel like I'm better off without them. What should I do?

I am certain your step father is hurting and sees nothing positive in speakig negative abour his wife to his step daughter.

Your mother knows she screwed over the family and doesn't care. She is involved with the new guy and you are not important.

• 2 weeks later...

You're the kid, the baby, and they don't want to involve you too deeply in their personal affairs, and it really isn't any of your business. Maintain your relationships with your parents as daughter and offer support, and let them work through their garbage. Good parents won't trash-talk the other parent with the kid, so you are not in that "friend" position. You don't need the details. Just concentrate on yourself and your individual relationships with your parents.

Your mother knows she has made a mess.

Take care of yourself and let them sort out themselves.Its tough being left out of such a big issue as you are family.Be prepared, emotionally , as a lot of turmoil is coming your way.