ex step adult troubles

butterflies1

butterflies1

hello anyone !!HELP!!

I have been with my husband a few years now,i'm his 3rd/4th wife. He has a ex step daughter that only talks us when she wants something! Maybe 1 or 2 times a year. He hasn't been married to her mother for several years. The ex step daughters kids are young and call him papal so he feels sorry for them and usually gives. In my opinion the kids don't come around him enough to call him papal! It bothers me a lot. In my opinion she uses her kids to get $/ things from us. When I come to where my husband is, she always gets quiet and leaves shortly after! I have talked to him about this but it just ends in a argument... I need advise on how to handle this situation! PLEASE

Edited by butterflies1
Lovemesomehim

Stay out of it and let him decide on how to handle his step-daughter and her children. Support him when he needs it, a listening ear, etc., but by no means should you interfere.

I understand that she only comes around when she wants something, which is unfortunate because she's missing out on a great relationship but if this has been the bases os the relationship from the beginning, only your husband can change it.

• Like 2

Step one: be welcoming to visitors

Step two: be civil

Step three: find a positive and work from there. Im sure there is something positive about you that can be shared. Try it!

hello anyone !!HELP!!

I have been with my husband a few years now,i'm his 3rd/4th wife. He has a ex step daughter that only talks us when she wants something! Maybe 1 or 2 times a year. He hasn't been married to her mother for several years. The ex step daughters kids are young and call him papal so he feels sorry for them and usually gives. In my opinion the kids don't come around him enough to call him papal! It bothers me a lot. In my opinion she uses her kids to get $/ things from us. When I come to where my husband is, she always gets quiet and leaves shortly after! I have talked to him about this but it just ends in a argument... I need advise on how to handle this situation! PLEASE

How can you be someone's 3rd/4th wife? Are you his 3rd or are you his 4th wife?

I think his relationship with his step kid and her children are none of your business.

I'm guessing papal is some sort of term meaning grandfather. The little kids have probably been told that he is grandfather and that's why they address him as such so they are not doing anything wrong. Also maybe the stepdaughter doesn't see your husband very often simply because he doesn't ever initiate the contact. Relationships are a two way street, if he wanted to see her or the kids more then he has to make an effort too. If he's not doing that then you can't really complain that the stepdaughter doesn't come around much.

In any case it's really no concern of yours. These are people that he seems to have formed some sort of a relationship with and it shouldn't affect you. Do you risk homelessness or starvation when he gives to his stepdaughter and her kids? If not then you need to back off and stop acting like a controlling insecure wife. If you love your husband you will tolerate and be gracious of these people whom he sees only couple of times per year.